2009 Yukon...AFM/DOD Delete... I'm an IDIOT!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey family, so I'm doing the DOD delete on my 09 yukon 5.3l and I purchased a kit from AMS racing. Just your standard delete kit with tuning. I've broken everything down, replaced the cam shaft and now I'm ready to replace the lifters.

Quick question, does it matter if the lifters don't include the flex fuel replacements? I'm hoping not because if so, I've got to come out of pocket even more...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure hope they didn't give you one of them little camshafts from the previous generation. Did you replace the lifter trays and valley cover? How about the driver's side valve cover? What brand are the lifters?

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
im guessing the delete kit only came with 8 lifters?
in which you would replace just the DOD lifters, the standard existing lifters would remain.

the lifters are specific for the dod system, flex fuel has nothing to do with it

No, It's a full set. With the LS7 style cam. Even the lifter trays are different. I'm wondering since the lifter trays differ from the block do I need to worry about them shaking loose.

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
I sure hope they didn't give you one of them little camshafts from the previous generation. Did you replace the lifter trays and valley cover? How about the driver's side valve cover? What brand are the lifters?

The kit I have is from AMS racing. LS7 style cam with all lifters (no springs). The trays the sent don't match the block, and yes I changed the valley cover.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kit I have is from AMS racing. LS7 style cam with all lifters (no springs). The trays the sent don't match the block, and yes I changed the valley cover.

This cam?

upload_2020-12-28_21-55-52.png

Most shops provide an LM7 camshaft which is smaller than your stock cam. If you want the same as your stock camshaft without the AFM lobes, then you would get an L33s camshaft.

upload_2020-12-28_21-57-42.png

Nevermind, I just seen your post right above. The word "Budget" scares me!

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
This cam?

View attachment 266231

Most shops provide an LM7 camshaft which is smaller than your stock cam. If you want the same as your stock camshaft without the AFM lobes, then you would get an L33s camshaft.

View attachment 266232

Nevermind, I just seen your post right above. The word "Budget" scares me!

Lol, the budget just means less parts... I didn't need the entire kit so I got that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65