2009 to 2011 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Make sure you mash the accelerator when you’re driving it. If the seller is with you, tell him your gonna do it to verify the kick down of the trans. If they object, which they shouldn’t, there may be issues that need tissues.

The cream puff 06 Denali I almost bought from Automax back in 14 did Nothing when I floored it except pull to the right. The manager denied it had issues. When I told him I was going to report it to car fax, then he went all ape. That Carmax later xfer the truck 150 miles away to San Diego and finally wholesaled it to an Indy Sales lot because every item that I reported to carfax showed up to every potential buyer.

Obviously they never corrected the rack or the trans. Good luck [emoji106] on the drive tonight.

Going to see a 2011 black Tahoe LTZ with 79k tonight after work.

Has moon roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found at least three 6.2 Tahoes for sale this morning across the USA until AutoTrader blocked me.

No problems with our moon roof either, just the antenna gasket.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was impressed with the 2011 that I drove last night. Not a ding or a scratch in it anywhere. Interior was perfect. Tried to slide the cover for the moon roof and there is an accordion shaped curtain looking piece on each side that looks like it just fills in the gap there. The one above the driver had come unhooked/unattached and was draping down. It was interfering with the cover slide till I poked it back up. Looks like a very easy fix. The drivers side outside mirror had some of the plastic trim broke away on the very outer edge. About 10" in length. Looks like the driver broke it off when hitting something while backing up. The mirror functioned fine though. By the way, as I would normally do, I did romp on it to put the trans thru it's paces.

One big glaring thing that did not impress me was the driver's seat. I have way more leg room on my 2002 than this 2011 has. I had the seat all the way back, the back seat rest tilted back to my limit of comfort and I had the lower seat tilted up in front to help elevate my thighs so my knees would not touch the center console or the driver's door. I could not drive all over town or on a trip with the seat like this. This was an LTZ model with the second row captain's chairs. Would that have anything to do with the front seat adjustments?

The stock exhaust had been replaced and had a throaty sound to it. It was not obnoxious but when romped on it, it was quite loud.

They wanted $23,995 for the Tahoe. I offered $21k and trade my 2002 for $5k and the difference I would pay in cash and I would fix the moon roof curtain and driver's mirror myself.

They said thanks but no thanks and so did I and we shook hands and parted with hand shakes. I am a capitalist thru and thru. I gotta make money and so do they. No hard feelings.

Gonna look at 3 others this weekend. One tonight and 2 on Monday. If they all have the driver's seat cramp for me, then I will be keeping my 2002 and maybe look for another one no older than the 2006. I am 6'4" tall and weigh in at 320 lbs. Even if I lose weight I am not gonna shrink in length.

Reaction score
Did that model have the adjustable pedals? Button is next to the 12v outlets under the climate controls. Maybe the pedals were adjusted more towards the seat (for a short person)?

Also, how many miles? That's a steep price for a 2011 unless it has really low mileage.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found at least three 6.2 Tahoes for sale this morning across the USA until AutoTrader blocked me.

I was just on there and I couldn't find any. I also checked cars.com and couldn't find any. How do you find these, because a friend of mine wants one (he tries to get me to sell mine to him, haha). He doesn't want anything else, but I can't find one.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was impressed with the 2011 that I drove last night. Not a ding or a scratch in it anywhere. Interior was perfect. Tried to slide the cover for the moon roof and there is an accordion shaped curtain looking piece on each side that looks like it just fills in the gap there. The one above the driver had come unhooked/unattached and was draping down. It was interfering with the cover slide till I poked it back up. Looks like a very easy fix. The drivers side outside mirror had some of the plastic trim broke away on the very outer edge. About 10" in length. Looks like the driver broke it off when hitting something while backing up. The mirror functioned fine though. By the way, as I would normally do, I did romp on it to put the trans thru it's paces.

One big glaring thing that did not impress me was the driver's seat. I have way more leg room on my 2002 than this 2011 has. I had the seat all the way back, the back seat rest tilted back to my limit of comfort and I had the lower seat tilted up in front to help elevate my thighs so my knees would not touch the center console or the driver's door. I could not drive all over town or on a trip with the seat like this. This was an LTZ model with the second row captain's chairs. Would that have anything to do with the front seat adjustments?

The stock exhaust had been replaced and had a throaty sound to it. It was not obnoxious but when romped on it, it was quite loud.

They wanted $23,995 for the Tahoe. I offered $21k and trade my 2002 for $5k and the difference I would pay in cash and I would fix the moon roof curtain and driver's mirror myself.

They said thanks but no thanks and so did I and we shook hands and parted with hand shakes. I am a capitalist thru and thru. I gotta make money and so do they. No hard feelings.

Gonna look at 3 others this weekend. One tonight and 2 on Monday. If they all have the driver's seat cramp for me, then I will be keeping my 2002 and maybe look for another one no older than the 2006. I am 6'4" tall and weigh in at 320 lbs. Even if I lose weight I am not gonna shrink in length.
if it was a LTZ then it should have had adjustable pedals, I have a 2012 Denali xl and I am 6'4 and while I didn't find there to be less leg room I found I just had to adjust stuff, I adjust the pedals almost all the way down and seat all the way back, there is more plastic trim inside than on the 02 (I had a 00 same thing) so I just had to make adjustments to keep my knees from sitting on the plastic trim I have grown quite accustomed to it, my sunroof does not leak, if I have the cover open and go thru the high pressure car wash when the high pressure hits the sunroof directly above it will spritz me a couple drops but I feel that's not a problem given the high pressure water on it, it never leaks otherwise even if it's pouring rain. It's good that you are test driving a few because if there is a problem you will notice it, when test driving I would recommend doing some sharp left & right hand turns in a empty parking lot (circles) and listen for any noises, make sure the radio and a/c is off windows down I would also hit some speed bumps at a moderate speed and listen for noises as well. I say this so you will get a idea if the suspension is in good shape or not. always Take a flashlight and look under the truck (for leaks) transmission, differentials, oil pan, brakes, etc I am probably telling you stuff you already know but I have had people buy cars from me look at the outside drive it around the block hand me cash and drive away, lol, I couldn't even buy a bicycle without checking it all out first haha.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No leaks from my sunroof in my 09 Tahoe, or my 06 SD. Both get washed regularly and never once had any issues, knock on wood!

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did that model have the adjustable pedals? Button is next to the 12v outlets under the climate controls. Maybe the pedals were adjusted more towards the seat (for a short person)?

Also, how many miles? That's a steep price for a 2011 unless it has really low mileage.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

I did not know of or see anything for the pedal height control. I did mention the cramped feeling to the salesman but he did not say anything. It had 79k miles on it.

I wish I would have thought about that because I did notice that the brake pedal was higher and when I took my foot off of the throttle I had to lift my foot higher than normal to hit the brake.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
if it was a LTZ then it should have had adjustable pedals, I have a 2012 Denali xl and I am 6'4 and while I didn't find there to be less leg room I found I just had to adjust stuff, I adjust the pedals almost all the way down and seat all the way back, there is more plastic trim inside than on the 02 (I had a 00 same thing) so I just had to make adjustments to keep my knees from sitting on the plastic trim I have grown quite accustomed to it, my sunroof does not leak, if I have the cover open and go thru the high pressure car wash when the high pressure hits the sunroof directly above it will spritz me a couple drops but I feel that's not a problem given the high pressure water on it, it never leaks otherwise even if it's pouring rain. It's good that you are test driving a few because if there is a problem you will notice it, when test driving I would recommend doing some sharp left & right hand turns in a empty parking lot (circles) and listen for any noises, make sure the radio and a/c is off windows down I would also hit some speed bumps at a moderate speed and listen for noises as well. I say this so you will get a idea if the suspension is in good shape or not. always Take a flashlight and look under the truck (for leaks) transmission, differentials, oil pan, brakes, etc I am probably telling you stuff you already know but I have had people buy cars from me look at the outside drive it around the block hand me cash and drive away, lol, I couldn't even buy a bicycle without checking it all out first haha.

I too always have a flashlight and literally crawl on the ground all around and look underneath. I once, at a dealer, found exhaust held up with baling wire. I took it on a city street and the highway at many different speeds and I did cut thru a parking lot with speed bumps to check for noises. I did not do any repeated tight turns while in the lot but now know I should. Thanks for that recommendation.

In the end, the price was higher than I was willing to pay so I walked away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk