2009 to 2011 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hell I had a 96 2 door Tahoe and I bolted on the two skid plates and installed Bilstein shocks and all of a sudden I had a Z71 package on my Tahoe. I am going to dig deeper on this. Thanks.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This is what is listed for a 2019. I am sure this list is way bigger than other years.

• Off-road suspension with Rancho™ Shocks
  • 18-inch wheels
  • All-terrain tires
  • Autotrac two-speed transfer case
  • Skid plates
  • Heavy-duty air filter
  • Automatic Locking Rear Differential
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Surround Vision
  • 8-inch configurable driver information center
  • Head-up display
  • Rear Camera Mirror

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what is listed for a 2019. I am sure this list is way bigger than other years.

• Off-road suspension with Rancho™ Shocks
  • 18-inch wheels
  • All-terrain tires
  • Autotrac two-speed transfer case
  • Skid plates
  • Heavy-duty air filter
  • Automatic Locking Rear Differential
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Surround Vision
  • 8-inch configurable driver information center
  • Head-up display
  • Rear Camera Mirror

Wow! I haven't had a Z71 package since my 2004 & 2005 Silverado's but the only thing I remember getting special was the skid plates, the bilstein shocks and maybe a external oil cooler. Things sure have changed.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This list came with a Silverado Z71 package for 2019. I am sure there are differences for Tahoes and Yukons and other rigs and I am sure the list has grown bigger over the years.

mtc1328

Reaction score
Did look back. Thanks. I did see a 2011 Tahoe Z71 yesterday that I am going to go drive tomorrow.

I had resigned myself to keeping my 2002 but still have the itch for something newer. The 2011 is all black. Either black or silver are my color choices.

Have the Tahoe's with moon roofs had water leak problems? I owned a Chevy Silverado Z71 package and all it was, at that time, was just skid plates and Bilstein shocks. Since the older one I owned has anything else been added to the Z71 package?

I have a 2011 Tahoe LTZ with moon roof. I have had no issue with the moon roof leaking, not from rain, and not from the car wash.

However, the shark fin antenna next to the moon roof has created an occasional leak after a heavy/long rain. I need to pull down the headliner to tighten up the screw securing the antenna, or whatever it takes to repair it, but I have been too lazy for that project. But no issues with the moon roof.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Test driving the 2011 Tahoe Z71 on Saturday after work. I had no idea this search for a Tahoe would be so crazy. Anyway, test driving the Z71 on Saturday and then am looking at a 2009 on Monday in a town about 50 miles away. We shall see what happens.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive never had any leaking, on any chevy truck.... or other car for that matter.... from the sunroof/moonroof etc etc etc.... ever. Maybe luck of the draw.... idk

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never had any issues with our 2007 Yukon XL Denali and we had it for 7 yrs and 200K miles. No issues on our 2009 Suburban LTZ for 1 yr and 20K miles.

Our 2008 Yukon XL Denali had a leak. I replaced the gasket on the glass and was about to swap out the shark fin but ended up trading it in before I got to that. Our leak showed up with drips from center upper console, not A-pillar.

Our 2013 Yukon XL Denali has not exhibited any sign of leaks, but have only had it for 2 months so hoping we don’t have any show up.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Going to see a 2011 black Tahoe LTZ with 79k tonight after work.

Has moon roof

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu