2008 Yukon Denali Engine idling loud and rough when I'm stopped.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZK686

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure what's going on. I changed the air filter, and changed all the spark plugs and wires. It's still idling really rough. It vibrates my dash. I attached a video of the sound. again, this only happens when I'm stopped at a red light or something. I did not change the ignition coils when we did the spark plugs, and someone mentioned this could be causing the issues.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yDfehqAmEU9tEUEr9

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it running rough prior to the work that you did replacing plugs, wires and air filter?
Do you have any DTC codes signaling any errors?
Did you go back and double check all your work to make sure you have your plug wires fully engaged at the coil and the plug?
What brand of plugs and wires did you go with?
How many miles on your vehicle? When was the last time you cleaned or replaced your MAF sensor?
Have you cleaned your throttle body?

Sorry for all the questions, but need a little more information if folks are going to be able to help you here.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you double check the plug gaps? Are you sure you got all the plug wires securely connected? It’s always a good idea to use dielectric grease inside the spark plug gaps so they slide on easy

OP
OP
Z

ZK686

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was it running rough prior to the work that you did replacing plugs, wires and air filter?
Do you have any DTC codes signaling any errors?
Did you go back and double check all your work to make sure you have your plug wires fully engaged at the coil and the plug?
What brand of plugs and wires did you go with?
How many miles on your vehicle? When was the last time you cleaned or replaced your MAF sensor?
Have you cleaned your throttle body?

Sorry for all the questions, but need a little more information if folks are going to be able to help you here.

Yea, it was running like this before I changed everything. I was hoping this would stop the rough idling. There was an error code that came up, PO524, and the check engine light comes off and on once in a while. If I recall, the mechanic at the time said it wasn't necessary to change it and it was going to cost a lot because I guess they're a ***** to do.

We did double check everything, it looks good. My car has about 180K miles on it (original owner!).

As for the MAF and cleaning throttle body, I have never done that. Not even sure what that means to be honest?

I'm not very mechanical savy with vehicles, I have a mechanic that does help me though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy