2008 Yukon Denali, 135k miles, part 2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you set up err% with the wideband?

also if you set up the wideband further down stream, just make sure no exhaust leaks before it or it will drive you crazy chasing %s

I use the narrowbands for closed loop VE(and maf) tuning and the wide band for wot (over 100kpa)

using a single narrow band, you may need to discard the STFT/LTFT all together because i think it uses both, if you remove one side its going to run the calc with a 0

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score

also if you set up the wideband further down stream, just make sure no exhaust leaks before it or it will drive you crazy chasing %s

I use the narrowbands for closed loop VE(and maf) tuning and the wide band for wot (over 100kpa)

using a single narrow band, you may need to discard the STFT/LTFT all together because i think it uses both, if you remove one side its going to run the calc with a 0

I didn't know about the error%. I do however tune the ve using the narrow bands. I removed the downstream sensor, so I should have the STFT and LTFT data right?

Good idea on leaks!

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, if you swapped a downstream you should be good with the st/lt trims

to log the wideband error, you need to log the commanded afr (or lambda) and the wideband

copy and create the VE and MAF tables. so they will have the same axis and column values.

go into maths in the scanner (cntl+m), go to the folder labeled "lambda & afr" you can see there is already a predetermined formula for it, it will show you which values it needs to compute, if they are highlighted RED then you are not logging them.

go to the two tables you created and under "parameter" click and scroll down to "maths" and choose whichever you have all the inputs for

i use lambda because of the flex fuel, it unconfuses a few things, as far as the err% goes as long as all the units are the same it doesnt case

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, if you swapped a downstream you should be good with the st/lt trims

to log the wideband error, you need to log the commanded afr (or lambda) and the wideband

copy and create the VE and MAF tables. so they will have the same axis and column values.

go into maths in the scanner (cntl+m), go to the folder labeled "lambda & afr" you can see there is already a predetermined formula for it, it will show you which values it needs to compute, if they are highlighted RED then you are not logging them.

go to the two tables you created and under "parameter" click and scroll down to "maths" and choose whichever you have all the inputs for

i use lambda because of the flex fuel, it unconfuses a few things, as far as the err% goes as long as all the units are the same it doesnt case

This is an amazing amount of info! Please know I really appreciate the help! I'll for sure spend time digesting this. Wow..

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the pointers. I got the maf and ve histograms setup with proper axis scaling from my ROM and %err as the data.

First maf tuning, then all that virtual ve stuff. The wideband makes it easier than using fuel trims.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the narrow bands are most accurate in a steady state IE, use them for cruising at a steady 2000, 2200, 2400 etc rpm. i would find some empty roads and just do some real slow acceleration and steady cruising...hold 4th, 5th, and 6th gears to get some out of ordinary data. you can use this type of data to verify the wideband readings at lower rpm

when you're all over the place with throttle input, there is a lot of other tables that get referenced for fueling transient, power enrichment, de-excel fuel cut, etc, etc etc.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the narrow bands are most accurate in a steady state IE, use them for cruising at a steady 2000, 2200, 2400 etc rpm. i would find some empty roads and just do some real slow acceleration and steady cruising...hold 4th, 5th, and 6th gears to get some out of ordinary data. you can use this type of data to verify the wideband readings at lower rpm

when you're all over the place with throttle input, there is a lot of other tables that get referenced for fueling transient, power enrichment, de-excel fuel cut, etc, etc etc.

Thanks! Working in the MAF now. Lets just say at idle it was trying to ADD 10% and verrrry lean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645