2008 Tahoe Z71 new life for a bank re-po

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Leevon

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure because it was done at the detailer, but as bad as they were I'm guessing they were sanded. I have another guy that comes by and does them for customers, he starts with a wet sand and polishes up from there. He finishes with a hard coating to keep them from yellowing. I can tell you the cheap kits suck.

Since I seem to be keeping this and not flipping it, I moved on to fluid maintenance. Knocked out the brake fluid yesterday. It's a good feeling to see nice clean fluid with new brakes. Transmission and coolant are next. Then power steering, differential and transfer case services.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I also do headlight restoration. I dry sand and depending on how bad they are, I work my from course to fine. I then finish up with a 3M buff, then with a two part uv protector that I mix together and apply. Comes out amazing. Only thing I can't get rid of is the plastic crazing, which is in the plastic itself. Nice job.

OP
OP
Leevon

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been driving the wheels off of this. It's really nice to have for winter with the remote start and heated seats, and my Challenger gets to stay in the garage. Discovered the cruise control was not working which was easily fixed with a $13 brake/cruise switch. I need to re-program/calibrate the HVAC head unit, ever since I replaced it the whole system goes whack but you have to drive it for a couple of hours. Took me awhile to diagnose that one. But literally everything will be working on this truck, not a thing I could do to make it more reliable at this point. Not bad for a busted up old repo!

OP
OP
Leevon

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boy do I miss my days of repoing in Miami, not really but we did get some nice cars

I bet you saw some crazy stuff...we lived there for about 5 years, I saw enough craziness and I wouldn't have dared to repo cars LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsaget