2008 Tahoe Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pickering873

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2008 Tahoe that has served it's purpose as family wagon and I want to make it my daily driver but modify it for mild off-roading/driving on the beach. I don't want to go nuts, just simple mods to make it look a little cooler but still have a comfortable ride. What suspension and tire combos do you recommend?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've got a 2008 Tahoe that has served it's purpose as family wagon and I want to make it my daily driver but modify it for mild off-roading/driving on the beach. I don't want to go nuts, just simple mods to make it look a little cooler but still have a comfortable ride. What suspension and tire combos do you recommend?
Welcome to the forum but you should post this question in the 2007 to 2014 section for a proper response. Maybe a mod can transfer for you.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I put icon coil overs on my Silverado with the RC lift and swapped the RC UCA for Fabtech uniballs alone with kryptonite tie rods and wheel bearings swapped the rear RC shocks for bilsteins and the rides quality handling etc was night and day difference. Lift isn’t hard I done mine on the Tahoe with nothing but a floor jack and jack stands by myself with only basic tools and everything went smoothly. My Tahoe has the Fabtech gen 2 lift off a 2019 Silverado with the uniball UCA with icon coil overs off a 2019 gmc at4 and rear RC lift springs and jeep sway bar links everything is perfect now I’m getting my rear build together with resi shocks diff cover sway bars and adjustable control arms/Panhard bar by spoon message me if you have any questions on how to do anything I’ll help out however I can

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
4548F4D2-50BA-438E-A10C-6B666DE4BA33.jpeg006AAB65-1AEA-4697-A1E8-4DFE8DFE77AF.jpegI put icon coil overs on my Silverado with the RC lift and swapped the RC UCA for Fabtech uniballs alone with kryptonite tie rods and wheel bearings swapped the rear RC shocks for bilsteins and the rides quality handling etc was night and day difference. Lift isn’t hard I done mine on the Tahoe with nothing but a floor jack and jack stands by myself with only basic tools and everything went smoothly. My Tahoe has the Fabtech gen 2 lift off a 2019 Silverado with the uniball UCA with icon coil overs off a 2019 gmc at4 and rear RC lift springs and jeep sway bar links everything is perfect now I’m getting my rear build together with resi shocks diff cover sway bars and adjustable control arms/Panhard bar by spoon message me if you have any questions on how to do anything

Attachments

• CAFA1C76-E9BE-4C27-B6D4-1DF242525178.jpeg
    CAFA1C76-E9BE-4C27-B6D4-1DF242525178.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 2