2008 Tahoe Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mason Mayo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy y’all. I have a 2008 Tahoe on a 7.5 inch rough country lift. I’m looking for suggestions on upgrades to ride quality/off road performance.

Does anyone know of a steering stabilizer that works or I can make work?

Taller steering knuckles to fox control arm angles?

OP
OP
Mason Mayo

Mason Mayo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here’s some pics of the Tahoe. I bought it with the lift and figured out quickly that was dumb. Has anyone ever swapped lifts?

DA57838F-7BBD-4920-A9EE-E6DD7FE73B8B.jpeg 9C89BBEB-1E78-4657-9719-9882D415309C.jpeg 07C2F382-B157-4870-8F80-CA0B99BAA721.jpeg

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s some pics of the Tahoe. I bought it with the lift and figured out quickly that was dumb. Has anyone ever swapped lifts?

View attachment 274743 View attachment 274745 View attachment 274746
@Mason Mayo Look up the installation instructions for the lift kit that is installed and then you can make a plan to reverse it depending on what permanent modifications were done to the frame to support the new lift.

It might be a better option to keep the lift on it but to improve it, from your pictures I can see that it is using factory struts with a damn 5? inch spacer. That means the Tahoe was lifted 7 inches but it is still using the same factory shocks that are not designed for a lift like that. Ditch those and buy proper 7 inch lift springs, shocks, and struts and that would help out a lot.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
^^^ Yeah some of the 7-1/2 lifts are essentially a 6” lift stretched out. My brother bought a truck with one on it last year. Rode like crap because the suspension is overextended.

Best fix is lower it down to 6”. Get all the suspension components in the proper operating range.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rough country 7.5 is exactly the same as there 5 inch just taller front struts or strut spacers so it's angles are all stretched out of wack. Put there 5 inch lift struts in it will come down couple inches but your angles for ball joints tie rods cv's etc all will be a lot better. If you want to keep it that tall get a different lift kit like the fabtech 6 inch kit that kit drops the differential alot further and has alot better angles. Fabtech also makes a steering stabilizer for there lifts. You should be able to adapt it to work with other lift kits.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I cannot personally assist you with your question, as my truck is stock height, but other knowledgeable folks here are chiming in.

Murfs66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Stick with your rough Country suspension and upgrade your bushings and shocks. The rough Country shocks are very stiff. I would go another route on those. I have the same setup on my Z71 and used Fox shocks o the rear with a set of Air ride bags in the springs for towing. You won't get super articulation out of that Tahoe anyway, just because the way it's built. I am not running at crazy angles and have a 2" level kit on top of my 7.5 rough Country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442