2008 tahoe ltz header selection long or short??

what type of header

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pnap88p

Reaction score
i was wondering on some possible selections on my replacement headers, i did notice what looks like on the stock headers is a wire for an oxygen sensor some headers do not have, but i am looking that i can replace my current headers with. most people say go long but i dont know i was hoping for a larger explanation of this as well. thanks for all the help in advanced.

wardo

Reaction score
It sounds like your asking for brands?

try pace setters
kooks
dynomax
slp

OP
OP
P

pnap88p

Reaction score
well im looking for brands and a suggestion on weather to go long or short, with the benefits and drawbacks of each. as well as what the wire that is currently plugged into my headers now is??

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed American Racing Headers in a 2009 Tahoe before. Amazing quality, amazing sound and with a dyno tune, the truck picked up over 35HP!

OP
OP
P

pnap88p

Reaction score
i just ordered the volant cai will be arriving in a few days.

Assman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long tube headers are imo the only way to go if you have the option for both. Long tubes will yield more torque and a better torque curve. If your going to do it you might as well do it right. I have never used any shorties, but I had a 2000 Trans am I had mids on and switched them for long tubes and there was a noticable difference in the power band. The only advantage I see with shorties is they're cheaper...

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go big or go home!.. Long tubes, dont waste time or money on short or mid's.

spend the cash get ceramic coated and or stainless and "properly" wrap them with header tape for dramatic increase.
not inly decreaseunder hood temps dramaticly , but also improve what that CAI is trying to do. picking up more power from both. simply by wrapping those headers.

dont let anyone tell you they cause moisture and rust or this or that. mine have been wrapped for YEARS! and no rust. hell all my ATV's and dirtbikes have wrapped headers (I hate getting burnt), these get dunked in the creek daily, then get washed and put up WET! NO RUST!

OP
OP
P

pnap88p

Reaction score
sp ezdaar what in your opinion would be a good brand part number aloung with which header tape to use and what is the propper way to do it as i am new at this stuff!!

iiwas looking at a pair from pace setter but again i am not positive on what the best brands and set ups are!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645