2008 Tahoe, bose, with factory navigation HU and center console.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mywifeshoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've tried searching the forum for bose and subwoofer and for some reason nothing pops up. Sorry if this has been addressed.

I've got an 08 tahoe LT with bose, center console and factory nav HU. I'm trying to figure out if I have a factory amp and subwoofer in my console. Is there a way to know without tearing the console out? I'd like to add an amp and subwoofer in the rear and want to use my factory HU. I don't want to cause any interference issues with anything like getting the white noise issues or reverb. Would I have any issues installing my aftermarket subs and amp regardless of factory equipment? Very new to messing with the audio in a newer vehicle. Thanks for any help.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Bose system, you will have some challenges, but not insurmountable, in connecting some aftermarket equipment into the Bose system. The Bose system uses proprietary connectors, and not the aftermarket industry standard RCA connectors.

You will need to tap into the low level signal wires on both channels on the Bose system, say the front speakers, to obtain a signal feed into the low level inputs for the aftermarket amp powering the aftermarket sub. Alternately, you could tap into the speaker wires on the Bose system, say the front speakers, to obtain the signal feed into the high level inputs for the aftermarket amp powering the aftermarket sub.

Using either of the above options, I cannot guarantee that you won't have any extraneous noises added to the system, but since the addition is a sub, which will be filtered to only allow low frequency signals into the sub, you probably won't have these issues.

Other folks who may have direct experience tapping into an existing Bose system to add more components into the audio system will chime in with their suggestions and perspectives.