2007 Yukon Denali factory bose speaker upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone just upgrade the speakers on an 07 Yukon Denali. I want to keep everything else stock. Just basically get some great sounding door speakers and without cutting the working harnes

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely stripped out the entire BOSE system, but I believe that the Alpine speakers that I installed would still be a dramatic improvement over your stock speakers. See below for the spec. I hope that this helps.

Head Unit - Kenwood DDX6904S (supports both Apple-Play and Android Auto. I use Android Auto. Converted 1 existing front USB under the front dashboard climate controls for phone cable Android Auto Connection. USB cable and jack lays in glove box for .mp3 memory stick usage).
METRA Universal Steering Wheel Control Adapter ASWC-1 (fully supports all steering wheel controls. Backup camera was disconnected with this adapter/conversion unit.)
Speakers: Front: Alpine SPS-610C Component; Rear Alpine SPS-610 Coax
Sub: Audiomobile GTS 2110 in a floor-firing custom box in a matching carpet covering located behind the center console and between the middle seats (acts as a table for the middle seats, as well).
Amps: Speakers: Kenwood XR4014 (75 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms); Sub: Rockford Fosgate don't remember model number (500 Watts RMS @ 2 ohms and attenuation control mounted under the steering wheel).

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone just upgrade the speakers on an 07 Yukon Denali. I want to keep everything else stock. Just basically get some great sounding door speakers and without cutting the working harnes
well that's a tough question because the bose amp is setup to drive certain ohm speakers and if there not a close match to the factory ohm's then it's not going to sound even close to good, your probably better off replacing the amp and speakers, be prepared to drop some bucks because the bose system is hard to beat.

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i know it's hard to beat. That's why i want to keep it. I just wanted some better sounding door speakers with the same ohm. I don't want to bypass anything lol

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have most of my original Bose speakers from my 2007 Yukon. The front doors speakers are 6" (maybe 6 1/2") with a 1.9 ohm impedance. The rear doors speakers are 5 1/4" with a 3.6 ohm impedance. The rear hatch door speakers are 3 1/4" with a 3.35 ohm impedance. These impedance numbers are taken from the labels on the backs of these Bose speakers. I no longer have the Bose front post-mounted tweeters, so I cannot help you there. My replacement door speakers are 6 1/2" in all 4 doors, and I disconnected the rear hatch door speakers, because quite frankly, with the system that I alluded to above, they simply are not needed.

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have most of my original Bose speakers from my 2007 Yukon. The front doors speakers are 6" (maybe 6 1/2") with a 1.9 ohm impedance. The rear doors speakers are 5 1/4" with a 3.6 ohm impedance. The rear hatch door speakers are 3 1/4" with a 3.35 ohm impedance. These impedance numbers are taken from the labels on the backs of these Bose speakers. I no longer have the Bose front post-mounted tweeters, so I cannot help you there. My replacement door speakers are 6 1/2" in all 4 doors, and I disconnected the rear hatch door speakers, because quite frankly, with the system that I alluded to above, they simply are not needed.

Are the front door speaker subwoofers right?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. The front door speakers, while 'full range' speakers, won't give you good and strong sound for the low frequencies. In part, because of the limitations of a 6 1/2" speaker to reproduce strong low frequency sound, and also because the door interior itself is a very poor 'box' for low frequency sound. You will need a separate subwoofer to get good and strong sound for the low frequencies. For my '07 installation, my crossovers are configured to deliver 80hz and up to the door speakers, and below 80hz to the subwoofer installed in the custom downward-firing box.

Sorry, if you are referring to the Bose front door speakers with the 1.9 ohm impedance, no, they are not subwoofers. The Bose subwoofer was mounted within the dashboard, firing up through the dashboard toward the windshield. I do not have the original Bose subwoofer (though, it may still be in its original location within the dashboard, but it is not being used in my system).

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
No. The front door speakers, while 'full range' speakers, won't give you good and strong sound for the low frequencies. In part, because of the limitations of a 6 1/2" speaker to reproduce strong low frequency sound, and also because the door interior itself is a very poor 'box' for low frequency sound. You will need a separate subwoofer to get good and strong sound for the low frequencies. For my '07 installation, my crossovers are configured to deliver 80hz and up to the door speakers, and below 80hz to the subwoofer installed in the custom downward-firing box.

Sorry, if you are referring to the Bose front door speakers with the 1.9 ohm impedance, no, they are not subwoofers. The Bose subwoofer was mounted within the dashboard, firing up through the dashboard toward the windshield. I do not have the original Bose subwoofer (though, it may still be in its original location within the dashboard, but it is not being used in my system).

Bose sub is actually mounted under the front portion of the center console and is dual voice coil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98