2007 Yukon Denali (155k/8600$ ) vs Tahoe LTZ (174k/7000$)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Just got my 2008 SLT and love it. Little rust but the price was right.
I've noticed the rust tends to stick mostly to fenders and they are pretty straightforward to fix with 3m repair kits on Amazon or even cheap enough to replace whole fenders

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run from rust......straight to OK, TX,CA, GA, or any state that doesn't use road salt and buy good used vehicles. I'm happy to fix some sun fading, etc. instead of rust. After working on cars for 25 years in rhe midwest, I NOPE right out of that scenario.

I've had decent success in the past 10 years doing so. If you get a clean truck to start with and rust proof the heck out of it they really last a long time here. But, it's a yearly process that takes just a small amount of time and dedication

OP
OP
M

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run from rust......straight to OK, TX,CA, GA, or any state that doesn't use road salt and buy good used vehicles. I'm happy to fix some sun fading, etc. instead of rust. After working on cars for 25 years in rhe midwest, I NOPE right out of that scenario.

I've had decent success in the past 10 years doing so. If you get a clean truck to start with and rust proof the heck out of it they really last a long time here. But, it's a yearly process that takes just a small amount of time and dedication
We don't have that luxury here in Canada unfortunately, everything is snow haha.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not even your western provinces? I would think they follow suit like our western states, but I could be wrong. Oh well, best of luck!

OP
OP
M

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not even your western provinces? I would think they follow suit like our western states, but I could be wrong. Oh well, best of luck!
It's even colder there! :D
I'm in most Southern town in Canada, we get almost no snow, so cars will have less rust but 15y cars will still have some.
Trying to keep my cars covered with good rust protection yearly though

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Sometimes more snow doesn't necessarily mean more salt. Salt only works down to a certain temp. I think some of our states like ND, MT and others don't use road salt because it would be ineffective. They do use road sand though. (Western guys correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyways, glad you found a cleaner option. You'll like the 6.2L for sure. Once you have one, you won't go back - hence the 5th Denali I've owned thus far. Keep up on good rust proofing and you'll be all set. There are good rust proofing guns available that hold 1 quart of fluid and have 3 different hose attachments for doors,rockers, frame, etc. It's a $200 worthwhile investment.

OP
OP
M

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Sometimes more snow doesn't necessarily mean more salt. Salt only works down to a certain temp. I think some of our states like ND, MT and others don't use road salt because it would be ineffective. They do use road sand though. (Western guys correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyways, glad you found a cleaner option. You'll like the 6.2L for sure. Once you have one, you won't go back - hence the 5th Denali I've owned thus far. Keep up on good rust proofing and you'll be all set. There are good rust proofing guns available that hold 1 quart of fluid and have 3 different hose attachments for doors,rockers, frame, etc. It's a $200 worthwhile investment.
Was going to take it somewhere for rust protection, but that makes me wonder whether i should get the gun instead and do it myself, will cost the same this year and massive savings in future years.
Plus i guess i'll have confidence what exactly was covered.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D. I. Y. broseph. Buy FLUID FILM by the gallon from the rain forest (Amazon). Make sure you've had a dry spell so your truck can dry out all the way. You can even blow out areas with compressed air first to see what comes out (dirt, sand, etc).

When you're ready, find your wife's best pan and use it to warm it up on the stove to a nice thin consistency (JK, use a junker pot). Pour into the sprayer and let er rip. Makes it super easy to spray and find its forever home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE