2007 Tahoe trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malvizar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m wondering if anybody knows how to tell definitively what trim a Tahoe is. It was listed, and I purchased it used, as an LTZ; but when I input the vin on certain websites it shows as an LS.

It has a lot of features that I believe aren’t common in the LS trim: heated front and rear leather seats, power folding second row seats (its bench not captain chairs), Bose system, 20” LTZ wheels, power lift gate, remote start, LTZ badges, and side trim moldings.

I don’t think someone will go through the trouble and cost of changing all that to fake it into an LTZ but who knows.

It’s a 5.3L. 4x2.

I don’t think it has auto ride suspension, is that an option for LTZ Tahoe’s, or do they ALL come with it standard?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken you can look at the RPO codes in the glove box. I could be wrong though as I haven’t taken a look at mine for awhile. And good luck deciphering all those codes! But it may be there. Hopefully someone who is more knowledgeable will chime in for you.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m wondering if anybody knows how to tell definitively what trim a Tahoe is. It was listed, and I purchased it used, as an LTZ; but when I input the vin on certain websites it shows as an LS.

It has a lot of features that I believe aren’t common in the LS trim: heated front and rear leather seats, power folding second row seats (its bench not captain chairs), Bose system, 20” LTZ wheels, power lift gate, remote start, LTZ badges, and side trim moldings.

I don’t think someone will go through the trouble and cost of changing all that to fake it into an LTZ but who knows.

It’s a 5.3L. 4x2.

I don’t think it has auto ride suspension, is that an option for LTZ Tahoe’s, or do they ALL come with it standard?

Thanks for any help.

I believe they all show as an LS since that's the base. The LT, LTZ, etc. are technically add-on packages. Kinda like how a window sticker may show a base model Tahoe with 4.8 engine, cloth seats, etc. but then on the other side of the sticker, it has something like "Add LTZ package..." "Add 5.3L engine..." and the additional costs itemized for the upgrades.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It’s a 5.3L. 4x2.

Thanks for any help.

The VIN will show it as an LS even if an LTZ as that is an option package. 1GNFK13, the 5th and 6th digits designate that as a 4x4 Tahoe, if they were 1GNFC1 it would be a RWD Tahoe. They also show the number 6 used for a luxury Tahoe for the 6th digit but I have never seen it used. DjPoertsch's 2007 LTZ Tahoe is also a 1GNFC13 VIN.

Other years are probably different, they especially are after 2009!

OP
OP
malvizar

malvizar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The VIN will show it as an LS even if an LTZ as that is an option package. 1GNFK13, the 5th and 6th digits designate that as a 4x4 Tahoe, if they were 1GNFC1 it would be a RWD Tahoe. They also show the number 6 used for a luxury Tahoe for the 6th digit but I have never seen it used. DjPoertsch's 2007 LTZ Tahoe is also a 1GNFC13 VIN.

Other years are probably different, they especially are after 2009!

Yeah mine is 1GNFC13. I’ll look into it. Thanks