2007 Tahoe Airbag Light Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007 Chevy Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Airbag light came on, and dealer said it was front impact sensor code. Replaced both the front impact sensors, but airbag light is still on. Will the airbag light eventually go out on its own, or will I need to purchase a scanner to reset the code?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Airbag light came on, and dealer said it was front impact sensor code. Replaced both the front impact sensors, but airbag light is still on. Will the airbag light eventually go out on its own, or will I need to purchase a scanner to reset the code?
airbag light will go out if all is well, so something is still wrong or one of the new sensors is bad

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The airbag light in a GM vehicle will only be on if there is a current fault. Either the new sensors are bad or the wrong parts or they weren't the problem.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with the above.

Problem still exists somewhere in the system, or wrong parts

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you use OE sensors for the replacement? Match the numbers from the old ones?

tired2008tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
had the same issue with my 2008 if you are ordering aftermarket be careful cause mostly there are two part numbers. I'd suggest you buy an SRS scanner to save you the hassle of taking it to the dealership. An Ancel Fx2000 so cheap it costed me the same as an hour of inaccurate diagnostic at the dealership.

It could also be used to clear the codes so this way you dont have any memory DTC

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact that if you used a Dorman it will throw a code for “wrong part installed”. Not sure about the other aftermarket ones but it’s probably the same. You need to get it scanned again and tell us what the current code or codes are.