2007 Tahoe 5.3l AFM DOD delete thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Taheezy_88

Taheezy_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys after a long process and having to put off the project due to traveling and etc... I finally got it started and running. I do have three things that concern me.

1) Stabilitrak light is still on. Why could this be?

2) p300 engine misfire code. This worries me any reason why I could be getting this misfire? Put new plugs in this morning before start up

3) oil pressure fluctuates. 40 when I rev the engine but drops low when idle. Any opinions? (Posted pics)
20210519_121209.jpg20210519_121135.jpg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
#1... Stabilitrac light could be/probably is on because of the misfires.

#2... Could be dirty injectors, could be a bad coil pack harness, could be a bad coil pack or plug wire, could be a burnt valve although that is unlikely as the machine shop would have probably caught it. I always have them pull a vacuum on the heads/valves to make sure they are sealing well.

#3... Could be bad cam bearings but I would check the seals on the towers under the VLOM/valley cover. Not sure if you replaced/removed the screen under the oil pressure sensor.

I didn't go back and reread the 10 pages to see if any of this was already covered... just the first things that came to mind.

OP
OP
Taheezy_88

Taheezy_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#1... Stabilitrac light could be/probably is on because of the misfires.

#2... Could be dirty injectors, could be a bad coil pack harness, could be a bad coil pack or plug wire, could be a burnt valve although that is unlikely as the machine shop would have probably caught it. I always have them pull a vacuum on the heads/valves to make sure they are sealing well.

#3... Could be bad cam bearings but I would check the seals on the towers under the VLOM/valley cover. Not sure if you replaced/removed the screen under the oil pressure sensor.

I didn't go back and reread the 10 pages to see if any of this was already covered... just the first things that came to mind.

OP
OP
Taheezy_88

Taheezy_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2) plugs and wires are new. I'd have to replace coil packs, injectors would running a fuel system cleaner fix that?

3) I did remove the small oil screen filter because it wasn't fitting with the new vlom and read somewhere on a GM site that running without doesn't hurt but of course I could be wrong or that source.

What should be my first steps to solving the issues? Pull VLOM check towers? Replace Coil packs, and try to reinstall the oil filter while I have vlom pulled

Last edited:
OP
OP
Taheezy_88

Taheezy_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would running straight headers cause this?

I don't have the y pipe bolted up to the headers yet. I was also getting a lean code. Could it be because the o2 sensors are not hooked up/y-pipe and the engine running lean cause the misfires?

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Would running straight headers cause this?

I don't have the y pipe bolted up to the headers yet. I was also getting a lean code. Could it be because the o2 sensors are not hooked up/y-pipe and the engine running lean cause the misfires?

A good scanner that can show misfire history would help narrow down the culprit. You could try swapping coil packs to see if the misfire moves with the coil pack.

You don't have your upstream O2 sensors hooked up? Or downstream O2 sensors?

OP
OP
Taheezy_88

Taheezy_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Downstream I assume the ones that hook on the cats.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the upstream O2 sensors aren’t there or one has a fault, it can lead to misfires.

If you have a scan tool, try and find the cylinder misfire count page and watch it while running the engine. You can see real-time which cylinders are misfiring and how often. It can help you isolate the problem to one bank or the other and after that, which cylinders.

If both banks have a lot of misfires, that too can help in isolating the issue.

OP
OP
Taheezy_88

Taheezy_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 02sensors closest to the headers so my upstream sensors are unplugged. Let me get the ypipe and upstream 02 sensors hooked up. I hope that's the issue what yall think?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71