2007 suburban service Stabilitrack &TC light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atanasd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. We recently purchased our 07 suburban. It has been awesome . We put close to 1000 miles. No issues. Just now I went to Starbucks. Just before I pulled in my garage I got stabilitrack and TC service on the dash. No check engine light.
from what I've read it could be million things. I do have access to Tech2 at work. So hopefully I can find cause.
Anything would help

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. We recently purchased our 07 suburban. It has been awesome . We put close to 1000 miles. No issues. Just now I went to Starbucks. Just before I pulled in my garage I got stabilitrack and TC service on the dash. No check engine light.
from what I've read it could be million things. I do have access to Tech2 at work. So hopefully I can find cause.
Anything would help
Cherish that Tech-2, it will answer questions quickly and efficiently and save you a bundle. It's frustrating watching guys fire the parts cannon at their trucks and waste so much time and money because they didn't have the right diagnostic tools.

Once you "Build the Truck", you can select the last option, F3: Vehicle Control Systems and let it query every module. You'll see some that do not communicate, it's usually because you don't have those options. Then at the end, it will list all the codes. Before you do that, on the Main Menu, check F2: View Captured Data and see if there is a Capture Info showing you what was going on when the error occurred. It might not be there though.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything would help
You rightly understand those indications can mean a lot of possible faults.

@swathdiver is the resident expert on the Tech 2. With his guidance, you will likely be at a fix very quickly.

OP
OP
A

atanasd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for reply. So I got back in the truck started and all warning light were gone and they have not come back . I did scan w tech2 had no codes. Only 1 for driver seat lumbar.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything would help
I concur with my forum mates that the Tech2 will fix you up. On my '07, the problem turned out to be the fuel pump - specifically the pressure regulator built into it. The TC/Stab warning would happen when I was on the highway at random intervals, accompanied by a CEL and codes for fuel pressure too high and running rich. I've also seen folks have trouble with the steering position sensor as well.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A fouled plug going out and misfiring would also cause this. I have that issue on #7 cylinder every few years.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vacuum leak presented this way. Apparently it had not gotten bad enough to set the mil…. I grabbed my trusty tech2 and pulled the codes and started checking things, $0.99 rubber cap later and good to go…

OP
OP
A

atanasd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I started truck again and everything was cleared. And has not come back. At worked I scanned all modules with tech2 nothing. No active or permanent DTC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17