2007 gmc denali woodppecker tapping sound.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so, i know its been a while since I've posted but Im having issues with my 07'.
Between 35-50mph Im getting a wood ****** tapping sound on the driver side its outside the truck. Under the hood area.
I went zip tie crazy securing everything down put new clips in the loose wheel well shroud. Everything seams secure and the noise just started super frustrating. Anyone have this similar problem...?!

Its driving me crazy!!!!

Thanks in advance.

FishinCricket

GMC Salesman
Reaction score
I assume you don't have a bug shield, vent visors, stick on exterior accessories... Right?

Have you had a passenger in the other side to confirm that the sound is, in fact, from the drivers side?

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's tahoe has a gasket at he base of the windshield that flops around and makes a clicking sound. You have to lean over the steering wheel to see it.

OP
OP
C

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume you don't have a bug shield, vent visors, stick on exterior accessories... Right?

Have you had a passenger in the other side to confirm that the sound is, in fact, from the drivers side?

nope i dont have any of that. and yes its only on the driver side ive sat in the pass seat and let someone else drive and it clearly only on the 1 side..

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

My wife's tahoe has a gasket at he base of the windshield that flops around and makes a clicking sound. You have to lean over the steering wheel to see it.

interesting ill check that out thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts