2007 Yukon Denali (84k) Temp Knocking Sound - Cold Start when Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gilbo,

I'm sorry, there are currently no known issues showing within my resources. I understand you are experiencing this issue and would like to assist you further. If you would like me to set-up a case for you regarding this matter, please PM me your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, vehicle VIN and the name and city of the dealer that diagnosed the vehicle.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're joking right?

But seriously, to the OP, have you explored the possibility of an exhaust manifold leak? I had what I thought was piston slap too on my 07 escalade. Went in and dealer thought it was too. I had them look into it further and discovered a. Token exhaust manifold bolt. The noise it made sounded just like piston slap (had it before on an f-150) and it went away after it warmed up.

WOW that was my exact response. I guess they don't read forums all over the internet like we do :/

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

I find it extremely hard to believe that you spend the time to read

the replies from any of the GM representatives here in this forum.
:lol:

Oh you mean the same exact respons that they give to every single person with an "issue"? I would love for anyone to speak up that has actually received help from one of the "GM reps". I know I had an issue and got that generic response, and PM'd them the info... never heard from them again.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh you mean the same exact respons that they give to every single person with an "issue"? I would love for anyone to speak up that has actually received help from one of the "GM reps". I know I had an issue and got that generic response, and PM'd them the info... never heard from them again.

I always get the ole song and dance.... "the dealers are independantly owned and operated and can do as they please! We're sorry we could not help you with this ISSUE."

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

haha...I just couldn't leave it alone. It's funny, when I did that on the Caddy forums, everyone jumped on me for being so negative.
Love this forum :)

That won't happen here. People have reason to be negative when dscussing GM service. GM made record profits during the last reported quarter. And I firmly believe this took place because they denied and swept as many warranty repairs under the rug as they could get by with. It already has and will cost them money in the long run as far as I am concerned.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I did PM another GM Service Rep on "Another" forum regarding my cracked dash issue. He did in fact get the ball rolling for me. I was contacted by phone a day or 2 later.

Then my dash, Ac control head, and front door handles were replaced with no money from me. The local service manager was good friends with a buddy of mine though.

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That won't happen here. People have reason to be negative when dscussing GM service. GM made record profits during the last reported quarter. And I firmly believe this took place because they denied and swept as many warranty repairs under the rug as they could get by with. It already has and will cost them money in the long run as far as I am concerned.

I have a feeling that the Caddy forum I was on had a lot GM employees or dealers because I honestly couldn't believe how defensive the tone was whenever I made a comment about the disingenuous 'help' from GM cust service. I got harrassed by one of the moderators too for having an opinion about some quality concerns I have with my escalade. Anyways, I agree with you, GM always seems to look for the fast buck and not think about keeping customers with great service and great products people want. Don't get me wrong, I love my lade but piston slap to me is absolutely unacceptable. It might not do anything to the motor for the first 10 years or be an issue at all but to me, if I shell out $50k or more for a truck, it should not sound like that. Other manufacturers do recall piston slap issues (not all) but GM won't because it will literally bankrupt them. There was a TSB way back when it was first coming up...it was quickly followed up with a new TSB that says it's normal. That last one of course superscedes everything else and if they say its normal well we must then trust it. Corporations would never decieve their customers right? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo