2007 Escalade power side skirt - can you replace with nonmoving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoeyahoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at a couple 2007 escalades, looks like one has working power steps, but I don't like the way it looks fully tucked in, looks too small, and another one is locked all the way down, looks too low, don't like that either. I saw a couple other ones, just pictures, that looks like they have the regular non-retracting 5" or 6" side steps, looks much better. are some escalades side steps permanent in place like the tahoe?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at a couple 2007 escalades, looks like one has working power steps, but I don't like the way it looks fully tucked in, looks too small, and another one is locked all the way down, looks too low, don't like that either. I saw a couple other ones, just pictures, that looks like they have the regular non-retracting 5" or 6" side steps, looks much better. are some escalades side steps permanent in place like the tahoe?
I’m not sure if Escalades came with fixed running boards or not, but I would think a pair of fixed running boards from a Denali would work. I’m considering getting rid of the power retract running boards on my 2013 Denali XL as the passenger side is very temperamental and I am tired of messing with it to get it to work. We will see how they survive an Iowa winter.

OP
OP
tahoeyahoo

tahoeyahoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m not sure if Escalades came with fixed running boards or not, but I would think a pair of fixed running boards from a Denali would work. I’m considering getting rid of the power retract running boards on my 2013 Denali XL as the passenger side is very temperamental and I am tired of messing with it to get it to work. We will see how they survive an Iowa winter.

These are the original power sides i've seen, very small:
upload_2020-1-14_23-18-6.png

These look like they're fixed, not sure but bigger, stick out more and chrome edge:

upload_2020-1-14_23-16-41.png

OP
OP
tahoeyahoo

tahoeyahoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The second picture shows fixed running boards I believe.

My guess also, I"ve been looking for info on whether I could replicate these by aftermarket installs or what, the escalades I like so far all except the boards have the small boards like the first one, which I'd have to remove and put the ones below on, if I can find out how and what parts needed, and if not too expensive.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess also, I"ve been looking for info on whether I could replicate these by aftermarket installs or what, the escalades I like so far all except the boards have the small boards like the first one, which I'd have to remove and put the ones below on, if I can find out how and what parts needed, and if not too expensive.
I’d look at junk yards or on car-parts.com for a set. The ones I’ve seen on GM Parts Direct or GM Parts Giant are kind of pricey.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace always have someone selling their fixed running boards because they put something else on. Escalades came with both, fixed and retractable.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steal some from a Tahoe hybrid they are much better designed and they are fixed as well

they also fixed the sloppy line gaps with the wheel wells (be sure to get those two parts as well)

and very wide and follow with the body

the extra two panels will block any snow from getting onto them as well. if it snows in your area

it also prevents you foot from going under the suv as it's closed off

20191226_180730 - Copy.jpg steps.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz