2007 Denali Yukon thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deere140

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was planning on buying a newer suv later this year, and a guy I work with has a 07 Yukon Denali 6.2 awd with 150,000 miles and a leaking rear main seal. Would that scare y’all away, the miles don’t bother me it would be an extra vehicle not a daily driver. I think I could change the rear seal myself.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
We just bought a 08 yukon denali XL1500 6.2 with 125,000 miles for $15k. I know that was high but it has complete verifiable service records since new and one owner. Traded our 03 tahoe as a down and never looked back!!!! These vehicles are the equivalent of limos imo, just finished a 1500 mile road trip and love the vehicle. i wouldent be scared of a rear diff seal, but these vehicles are excessively loaded with accessories that will "glitch" or fail. Ours is also not a daily driver, we will tow our 4k lb travel trailer with it and be much more comfortable/safe while doing it. Did your friend use it to tow? just be cautious with any vehicle with a primary purpose of towing.

OP
OP
D

Deere140

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
His wife used it to haul the kids, it actually has 180,000 miles on it. He said the paint is not perfect, I am going to look at it. But I think I will keep looking for one with less miles like 100-120 thousand.

nadthomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2007 Yukon Denali off my boss this past December with almost 200k miles. I was able to spend a weekend with it before buying it. While it ran great it need some labor intensive maintenance, exhaust manifold stud snapped, a very slow oil leak that covered the engine. Leak down/compression test was good. So, I bought it for under $7k, and current the motor is sitting on a stand so I can clean and freshen it up.

If you can get a good price, and are willing to take on a little bit of a project they are a great vehicles. Here's my "rebuild" thread.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/nadthomas-2007-yukon-denali-200k-mile-re-build.105374/