2005 Yukon XL - Wifes Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Countryboy07

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Swapped out the stock intake for an Airaid MIT. Seat of the pants dyno feels like I gained a little bit, but can't say for sure. Nonetheless, its a huge improvement over the stock intake contraption. Disregard the dirty engine bay, haven't had the drive to detail yet with the crappy weather.

Intake%20swap_zpswimhrryv.jpg

I then washed the Yukon to get all the crap off of it... Hate living where they use so much salt on the roads.

Before%20and%20After_zpsfq0ekrdo.jpg

And Finally, I drove up to Lansing, MI to pick up this Denali Bumper for $100.00 Has a couple small things wrong with it, but I figure for $100.00, I could afford to fix the small issues while I am having it painted to match.

Denali%20Bumper_zpsb72o3moh.jpg

Sorry, @TheAutumnWind, I didn't install my Z71 springs yet... they are coming soon though!

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Swapped out the stock intake for an Airaid MIT. Seat of the pants dyno feels like I gained a little bit, but can't say for sure. Nonetheless, its a huge improvement over the stock intake contraption. Disregard the dirty engine bay, haven't had the drive to detail yet with the crappy weather.

Intake%20swap_zpswimhrryv.jpg

I then washed the Yukon to get all the crap off of it... Hate living where they use so much salt on the roads.

Before%20and%20After_zpsfq0ekrdo.jpg

And Finally, I drove up to Lansing, MI to pick up this Denali Bumper for $100.00 Has a couple small things wrong with it, but I figure for $100.00, I could afford to fix the small issues while I am having it painted to match.

Denali%20Bumper_zpsb72o3moh.jpg

Sorry, @TheAutumnWind, I didn't install my Z71 springs yet... they are coming soon though!
That's a fast drive for ya, I would grabbed them for ya lol

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good score on the bumper. Dings won't matter after a little body work and color match. Sweet! Engine bay...:nono: yikes...but hard in the winter. Spring time soon come.

OP
OP
Countryboy07

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good score on the bumper. Dings won't matter after a little body work and color match. Sweet! Engine bay...:nono: yikes...but hard in the winter. Spring time soon come.

Sorry @Fosscore not all of us live in the south where its warm and sunny! LOL Can't wait for spring!!!

OP
OP
Countryboy07

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a fast drive for ya, I would grabbed them for ya lol

Where are you located in MI? It was only just a hair over 2 hours for me to go up and get that bumper. Was hoping to grab the rear too, but the parts vehicle was smashed! Person was sitting still and was rear ended by a person going 40 + ...

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know man. Pretty damn lucky this end. Just busting chops. Never any offense meant. She cleaned up nice and looking forward to that new bumper. :beer:

That's a pretty good rear end speed. Ouch!!

OP
OP
Countryboy07

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know man. Pretty damn lucky this end. Just busting chops. Never any offense meant. She cleaned up nice and looking forward to that new bumper. :beer:

That's a pretty good rear end speed. Ouch!!

No offense taken. Was just giving it back to you. And thank you, I'm hoping it turns out the way I am envisioning it.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located in MI? It was only just a hair over 2 hours for me to go up and get that bumper. Was hoping to grab the rear too, but the parts vehicle was smashed! Person was sitting still and was rear ended by a person going 40 + ...

Metro Detroit. I know of several junkyards near me that have good shit

OP
OP
Countryboy07

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't updated in a while... Kind of forgot I had this thread going. Not much going on right now:

De-badged:

image.jpeg

LED Fogs:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Lastly, our Yukon has had a dent in the passenger door since we bought it. I finally took the door panel off and pushed it out... Well the door molding decided it didn't want to stay conformed to the non dented door now and started peeling away from the front of the door. I had always said I wasn't going to de-mold, but seeing the results of the passenger door de-mold has me thinking otherwise...

image.jpeg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just threw in my trimmed z71 springs! Took about 30 mins in my driveway. I put them off for way too long. The 200k mile weak ass denali springs were toast! They were designed to be supported by the air shocks that I have deleted so no real surprise I guess.

Do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts