2005 Yukon XL - Wifes Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be an area for me to keep track of the modifications done to my wife's DD Yukon XL. Nothing too exciting, but going to make it look better along the way as well as function better in daily form.

Here is a picture of the Yukon shortly after we bought it:

ae474eb0-580b-4340-8cf0-cd5227f2f3a1_zpsjde0ymco.jpg

Couldn't leave the vehicle quite, so I ordered a Magnaflow 12259 from Norcal SS and a look-a-like Corsa exhaust tip off Amazon and put them on:

2_zpssd013xtm.jpg
1_zpsonxy02hw.jpg

Left the Yukon alone for about a month until I found a good deal on a set of OEM 20's from Massivespl on here:

3_zpsfwvenwid.jpg
4_zpsx5zb6rcs.jpg
5_zpsd7tiia1n.jpg

That is where we are as of now, Have a few maintenance items to take care of and then it will get the front windows tinted and a few other items such as de-badged and possibly de-molded. But really happy the direction it is going so far.

-French

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

looks good with those wheels!

If it were my wifes and I just wanted it looking a little better, I'd

level down the rear
headlight Projector retrofit
LED tails
maybe an esky roof rack.

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice!

Looks very level with those wheels on it. Nice stance. Was the rear dropped?

OP
OP
Countryboy07

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good with those wheels!

If it were my wifes and I just wanted it looking a little better, I'd

level down the rear
headlight Projector retrofit
LED tails
maybe an esky roof rack.

Thanks! I've got quite the list of things I'd like to complete. All in due time. Lighting is definitely on the list, however I've never really been a fan of the esky racks. Thinking about the sierra side molding rather than no molding at all just to be a little different.

Very nice!

Looks very level with those wheels on it. Nice stance. Was the rear dropped?

Thank you! Suspension is 100% stock. All I did was take the 265/70/16's off and threw on the 275/60/20's. Very pleased with how it looks now and I gained 1.5 inches in ride height.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I've got quite the list of things I'd like to complete. All in due time. Lighting is definitely on the list, however I've never really been a fan of the esky racks. Thinking about the sierra side molding rather than no molding at all just to be a little different.

Thank you! Suspension is 100% stock. All I did was take the 265/70/16's off and threw on the 275/60/20's. Very pleased with how it looks now and I gained 1.5 inches in ride height.

You are clearing those @ stock? I'll bet the tbars are cranked in the front!

It looks great.

OP
OP
Countryboy07

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are clearing those @ stock? I'll bet the tbars are cranked in the front!

It looks great.

TBars are not cranked... And it clears just fine. Close, but no rubbing right now. Granted, these tires are at 50% so I'm sure I'll need to crank or level when I get brand new tires.

OP
OP
Countryboy07

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leveling keys and Z-71 springs are en route! Hoping to find a good deal on some 1.5" spacers to give it a little wider track and space the rear out from the fender liners. Rubs right by the rear shock when off road which is quite often since we are in the fields now. I'll post pics when the parts arrive.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
This will be an area for me to keep track of the modifications done to my wife's DD Yukon XL. Nothing too exciting, but going to make it look better along the way as well as function better in daily form.

Here is a picture of the Yukon shortly after we bought it:

ae474eb0-580b-4340-8cf0-cd5227f2f3a1_zpsjde0ymco.jpg

Couldn't leave the vehicle quite, so I ordered a Magnaflow 12259 from Norcal SS and a look-a-like Corsa exhaust tip off Amazon and put them on:

2_zpssd013xtm.jpg
1_zpsonxy02hw.jpg

Left the Yukon alone for about a month until I found a good deal on a set of OEM 20's from Massivespl on here:

3_zpsfwvenwid.jpg
4_zpsx5zb6rcs.jpg
5_zpsd7tiia1n.jpg

That is where we are as of now, Have a few maintenance items to take care of and then it will get the front windows tinted and a few other items such as de-badged and possibly de-molded. But really happy the direction it is going so far.

-French

Awesome grocery getter!

OP
OP
Countryboy07

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome grocery getter!

Thank you!

Also, Just got a quote to have the dent popped out of the passenger door and the rust fixed on the rear hatch lip and bottom of the doors. Guy is going to charge us $350. Didn't think that was too bad. Hoping to have it completed before the snow flies.

OP
OP
Countryboy07

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the front keys on... Still waiting on the Z71 springs to arrive, so only have the keys cranked to make it dead level all around. Measurements are 38" on all corners right now. Happy with the small change.

7.png_zpsqdkxa1vi.jpg
9_zpscwdg1rv9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons