2005 Yukon XL - Puddle Light lens part 2 ... CLEAR!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Wow! That is bright! I think more than I’m looking for. Maybe just the reflection off the white paint. I do like how well they light the ground.. Appreciate the pictures much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the camera picks up that hot spot like crazy, not quite like that in person.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, that's what I am talking about!!

I am researching an additional flush-mounted led strip, mounted on the bottom of the door panels, and using the lower courtesy light power on lower inside panel .... Light the ground when doors are opened.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Now, that's what I am talking about!!

I am researching an additional flush-mounted led strip, mounted on the bottom of the door panels, and using the lower courtesy light power on lower inside panel .... Light the ground when doors are opened.
Yea that's the only thing, once you open the door the light leaves with it leaving a dark shadow on the ground. Then technically having no light for seeing puddles lol.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, when you open the door, the interior lights turn on, and stay on as long as the door is open.
Including that silly white/red lens light on the inside lower door panel.

I want to put an LED strip at the underneath - door panel, aiming light below the door while it's open.
And the light stays on as long as the door is open ( Really illuminating the step & ground) ... not like the puddle light that goes off in 15 seconds, and only when you hit 'unlock'.

I'll jump power from that white/red lens, only inches from the new light strip.

under door panel location.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan