2005 Yukon XL SLT... OK.... removing that puddle light lens ( trick?? )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a thread in our forum, but it does not describe how to get that darn puddle light lens out, after lowering the lens part way, pressing the plastic clip,.......... What do I do next??

It will not drop out any further!! What is the trick to get to the bulb???

Yukon Puddle Light lens.jpg

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
UP date..... Well, I figured it out.....

2 more photos : When you press clip and it slightly opens, then as you open it up a bit more, put a forward pressure on the lens, to slide the little rear 'tips' away from the mirror opening / edge.

Then it drops out.

Then I realized the auto parts guy sold me the wrong style LED bulb.

Yukon puddle lens unclipped.jpg Yukon puddle lens lowered.jpg

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UP date..... Well, I figured it out.....

2 more photos : When you press clip and it slightly opens, then as you open it up a bit more, put a forward pressure on the lens, to slide the little rear 'tips' away from the mirror opening / edge.

Then it drops out.

Thanks for the pictures and the information.

Then I realized the auto parts guy sold me the wrong style LED bulb.

What is the correct LED style/part number?

Thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a thread in our forum, but it does not describe how to get that darn puddle light lens out, after lowering the lens part way, pressing the plastic clip,.......... What do I do next??

It will not drop out any further!! What is the trick to get to the bulb???

View attachment 212347

Hey Peter, we're having an informal meet at Palm Beach International Raceway (Moroso) on the 28th. If you're in town or are up for a quick trip, please do stop by!

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite...../ I go to PBR when I am in Wellington ( 2nd home).... But I'll be there at Christmas, but going to St. Augustine on the 28th ... Then down to Don Garlit's Museum .

But thanks!!! Sorry to miss...

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures and the information.

What is the correct LED style/part number?

Thanks!
Sylvania "Zevo" # 578. ( same number on OEM bulb).... The lens is frosted, 6000K though....But it seems brighter.... I'll look for an LED "flat" style if available. Maybe brighter?

I wish the actual lens housing was more clear. ( What was GM thinking? )

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sylvania "Zevo" # 578. ( same number on OEM bulb).... The lens is frosted, 6000K though....But it seems brighter.... I'll look for an LED "flat" style if available. Maybe brighter?

I wish the actual lens housing was more clear. ( What was GM thinking? )

Thanks for the info. That said, why do you wish the lens was clearer? Is there a specific look you want? Have you considered a color other than white?

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just returned from a salvage yard.... I got 4 puddle light housings. ...Someone in our forum said these housings are VERY expensive ( like over $50 bucks)..... Well, I got them for $3 bucks each.

I am looking for our thread that says someone in here had a way to sand/polish the housing lens to make it clear. But I can't find it...... yet.... ( anyone know where the post is?)

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I just returned from a salvage yard.... I got 4 puddle light housings. ...Someone in our forum said these housings are VERY expensive ( like over $50 bucks)..... Well, I got them for $3 bucks each.

I am looking for our thread that says someone in here had a way to sand/polish the housing lens to make it clear. But I can't find it...... yet.... ( anyone know where the post is?)

Maybe @05Single?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17