2005 Yukon XL 5.3 L59 to LM7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ekreider89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have a 2005 Yukon XL with 212,000 miles. It’s a western car so no rust. Lifter started making noise a week or so ago, mechanic thinks the roller isn’t spinning this scratching the cam shaft.

Instead of doing a top end job, I’m thinking about a engine with less miles. Around me I can’t find many L59s but LM7s are very plentiful.

I know the fuel injectors are different, wondering how easy a swap to a LM7 would be? I want to make this as seamless as possible, but if you can do it easily then I’m open to it.

Thanks,
Eric

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a pretty decent write-up on the differences between the L59 (flex-Fuel) and the LM7 (gas).

Fuel rail, injectors, sensors should come over.
The ECM/PCM (the computer thing) for the LM7 would probably be good to also have transplanted.

There may be differences in the fuel pump hook-ups/wiring that need to be considered.

I have never done one, so I don't know if anything more is involved, but I am sure a few members here are expert enough to guide you further along.

Just be sure you have all your ducks in order and assemble all the bits you will need, if you pull the trigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz