2005 Tahoe rear air only blowing at 2nd speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setconstr

Reaction score
So I did a lot of research first thing I found was replace the actuator, did it ,nothing. Next was the resistor and I did that still no change. All the fuses are good so I'm stumped . Those parts were cheap so no biggy,,,,,,I have the overhead controls in the front and a controller in the back of the center consul. I'm sure this has been discussed here before ........

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I did a lot of research first thing I found was replace the actuator, did it ,nothing. Next was the resistor and I did that still no change. All the fuses are good so I'm stumped . Those parts were cheap so no biggy,,,,,,I have the overhead controls in the front and a controller in the back of the center consul. I'm sure this has been discussed here before ........
So when you turn the fan speed knob, the fan only runs when it is on “2”, or no matter what the knob is turned to, the fan only runs at the speed that is equivalent to “2”?

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
I now have replaced the resistor and the actuators and the overhead rear air controls and it still only runs on the second speed of the overhead controls . I can hear the rear actuator working and air con and heat switch work but any other speed I get nothing , any ideas ? Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I now have replaced the resistor and the actuators and the overhead rear air controls and it still only runs on the second speed of the overhead controls . I can hear the rear actuator working and air con and heat switch work but any other speed I get nothing , any ideas ? Thanks
Ya, there is a rear hvac control module, if the resistor did not correct the problem then it would be the next suspect, your a/c controller and blend door were probably just fine

gm part number 15832319, I only see dorman replacements available out there though dorman p/n 601-036

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
well I ordered that part today will see what happens......fingers crossed

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
So There is no HVAC control module on my 05 rear blower motor just a blue connection right where the HVAC module would be on most rear unit's I have seen. No plugs that would connect to it so does that tell anybody what is different about mine I

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins