2005 Crown Victoria P71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Vic looks good. I owned two of them simultaneously an 06 and an 07, but gave one (a black one) to my father-in-law. I still have the 06. The seats are like lawn chairs but you get used to them. I would seriously consider buying a 2012, the last year of their production. Suggested next mod: Buy a steering wheel with cruise control buttons. For about 100-200 dollars, get a Ford dealership to install the wheel and activate the cruise control in the software. The cruise control indicator light may or may not work but the cruise will operate normally. Auto locking door locks and daytime running lights will also start working. If you want, they can disable "dark mode" which will illuminate your interior lights when you open the door.

View attachment 266814

View attachment 266815

Police car seats are designed to be sturdy and leave room for the belt gear like cuffs, pistol holster and so on. I was a volunteer officer for just a couple months shy of 10 years back in the 80's and 90's. We got former front line units and when we were done with one of them, I bought it at auction. It was a 1976 Chevy Nova with the 400. Top speed wasn't anything special but it was a quick little thing. I drove it until the tin worms got under the rear doors and it folded going down a gravel road during.....um.....spirited driving.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The power steering fluid was dark and nasty looking so grabbed the syringe and sucked it out and topped it off did this a few times over the course of a few weeks and got all the bad fluid out, then I picked up some Whelen mirror beams with amber lights and put them on, I’d like to hook them up as running lights/turn signals but for the time being they aren’t hooked up

3b50cbeac3a60500c96f66b43a8df25b.jpg
af2cd03d4fe65c119059fe320ff8db8f.jpg
8888d8f4989be04abcff19f66b1a33b5.jpg
e4f19ee5569dc24847b9dbdb0d356bd5.jpg
33d82080b3889bbc667af2f46a3df616.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you find those Whelen lights btw?

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you find those Whelen lights btw?
On EBay, look up Whelen Mirror Beams and you should see some, I bought the housings, then picked up some Whelen 500 amber lights, the face plate and gaskets, and found all the screws at the hardware store, sometimes you can find the whole package still just couldn’t find them in the color I wanted so went that route

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On EBay, look up Whelen Mirror Beams and you should see some, I bought the housings, then picked up some Whelen 500 amber lights, the face plate and gaskets, and found all the screws at the hardware store, sometimes you can find the whole package still just couldn’t find them in the color I wanted so went that route

Very cool. I know a lot of the stuff is available from public safety vendors, but it’s $$$$ for all new hardware.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I know a lot of the stuff is available from public safety vendors, but it’s $$$$ for all new hardware.
The housings were like $50 iirc they were new in the wrapper, I forgot you need the lens for the lights too, when you buy the lights they don’t have a lens, you can get clear or pretty much any color you want, still gotta hook them up or maybe I won’t still undecided kinda want to make them running lights when that setting is selected on the headlight switch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4