2005 Crown Victoria P71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBlack247

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, that Vic is pretty sharp, you still have it? What do you have done to it? And they are great cars won’t find one more reliable not a fast car but they last and take abuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.
Yeah it's my back up car.(after the Tahoe's)
I spend most of my time in a KUV service van.

Nothing too fancy to the car.
Magnaflows. Rear cats byebye.
Leather Lincoln Town car back seat...lol.
Full tints. Sound system. Added cruise control. Deactivated all the wig wags and strobe lights
Fun car to drive. Damn near bullet proof.

Going down the highway, 70 mph on cruise get 25 mpg on road trips.
But gas mileage in city driving...
Probably 12. Maybe.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Full tints. Sound system. Added cruise control. Deactivated all the wig wags and strobe lights

Probably 12. Maybe.
No problem it’s a sharp Vic, hands down one of the best cars ever made period not fast by any means but they will outlast anything and if they break they are usually pretty cheap to fix

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem it’s a sharp Vic, hands down one of the best cars ever made period not fast by any means but they will outlast anything and if they break they are usually pretty cheap to fix

The Vic is the lowest maintenance beater money can buy as long it was maintained from the get-go. In 280K miles the only things I did was the water pump and accumulator for the a/c. The blend door acted up but somehow it fixed itself. I changed the oil out every 5K miles.

Thanks.

Probably 12. Maybe.

Mileage wise my 16 Tahoe gets the exact same mileage on the highway as the Vic did but locally gets slightly higher because the AFM is still enabled. I used nothing but Mobil 87 octane in the Vic. Same as the 5.3 Tahoe.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
I was always a GM guy so my first "real" ride was a 1995 L99 9C1 Caprice I bought at the end of 12th grade, had a ton of fun with it back during those rowdy, last days of school. I seem to remember the police coming to my parents house looking for the driver of a "White Cop Car that jumped the curb after lunch in front of the school that looked like he was impersonating an Police Officer". I promised not to do it again :)

Anyway first year of college in 2002 I found a LT1 long block on Ebay near Ferris State that I got for $450 and after a LOT of BS we got it up and running. But something was wrong with the long block or the cam because I kept killing those GOD DAMNED Optisparks every 10-15k miles....Drove it out to San Diego, sold it a few months later and purchased a 2001 Regal GS and started modding the good ole L67 3.8L SC. Than the amazingly fast 2010 HHR LNF 2.0L Turbo, than my dream car....6.2L CTS-V!!!! >:)

So from a 5.7L V8 > Supercharged 3.8L V6 > 2.0L I4 Turbo > Supercharged 6.2L V8 ...... and oh yea dont forget the 2009 and 2018 Tahoe in there as well :D

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was always a GM guy so my first "real" ride was a 1995 L99 9C1 Caprice I bought at the end of 12th grade, had a ton of fun with it back during those rowdy, last days of school. I seem to remember the police coming to my parents house looking for the driver of a "White Cop Car that jumped the curb after lunch in front of the school that looked like he was impersonating an Police Officer". I promised not to do it again :)

Anyway first year of college in 2002 I found a LT1 long block on Ebay near Ferris State that I got for $450 and after a LOT of BS we got it up and running. But something was wrong with the long block or the cam because I kept killing those GOD DAMNED Optisparks every 10-15k miles....Drove it out to San Diego, sold it a few months later and purchased a 2001 Regal GS and started modding the good ole L67 3.8L SC. Than the amazingly fast 2010 HHR LNF 2.0L Turbo, than my dream car....6.2L CTS-V!!!! >:)

So from a 5.7L V8 > Supercharged 3.8L V6 > 2.0L I4 Turbo > Supercharged 6.2L V8 ...... and oh yea dont forget the 2009 and 2018 Tahoe in there as well :D
I’ve always been a fan of the Caprice and Impala SS of that era

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few things came in today, I picked up a Whelen third brake light assembly it goes over the third brake light and has lights on either side right now it’s red/red which I might try wiring to the third brake light so it’s more noticeable or I might swap in some amber modules and hook them up with others lights I’m planning to add and the windshield mount for the tuner came in which should be here Saturday

01bdb326775b6b315307fc68b922427b.jpg
f2763f8c09a8e2b86527a7e1919e91d2.jpg
1a4919f11553c198225efa5f3fd79946.jpg
555d5294abf0cc4fcad537b5f7f16b2c.jpg

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve always been a fan of the Caprice and Impala SS of that era

If you can pick up a used "Moonmobile" Caprice, especially the first couple of years, they didn't have speed limiters on the police units. Be aware the first year, the ABS would go on vacation if you hit a rough spot like rail road tracks. That meant no brakes at all. I was with a county officer responding to a fatality wreck. Hit some tracks and the brake pedal went to the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n