2004 Tahoe LT with Bose! no sound from radio please help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 chevy Tahoe lt with Bose. I had an aftermarket radio installed in it over 2 years ago. So I replaced my battery a few days ago and I took the old one out went to the store and purchased a new one. was gone a few hours at the most came back and installed it. Turned the truck on Everything was fine radio turned on as normal and I go to turn the volume up and no sound at all. Even my chimes don’t work. I checked all the fuses checked all the wiring behind the radio which the shop did an excellent job at and I don’t see anything out of place. Hopefully someone has a fix for this sound issue that can help me out it’s driving me crazy!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds like the radio has power and the display lights up when you turn it on. True?

Have you checked the separate fuse for the radio amp? It's in the underhood fusebox.

Untitled2.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You messed with the stock radio gods! Screw the music that is being thrown at us!

OP
OP
Donnie88

Donnie88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It sounds like the radio has power and the display lights up when you turn it on. True?

Have you checked the separate fuse for the radio amp? It's in the underhood fusebox.

That was one of the first things that I checked and the fuse was good. Replaced it anyways just to be sure.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What adapter are you using for your chimes (and perhaps steering wheel controls)? Is there power to it?

OP
OP
Donnie88

Donnie88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes there is power to it I’m using the pac unit. I checked to make sure it was getting power as well

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe reach out to PAC for tech support?
Personally, I have had nothing but problems every time I tried to interface with a BOSE amp. I've had the interfaces cause static, popping, and even engine whine/alternator noise through the speakers. Many times I ended up just running new speaker wires from the aftermarket radio straight to each speaker, completely bypassing the stock BOSE amps and wiring. If you can run new speakers wires from the radio through the dash, and through the door jamb boot into each door all the way to each speaker, then in my opinion that's the best solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE