2004 Denali Aftermarket Stereo Help + RSE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murtopia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought an '04 Denali a few weeks ago that came with the factory Bose, NAV, RSE, etc. I love it, but want to add a stereo that better supports the iPod and has Bluetooth. (Just found this forum and it's great BTW!)

I've considered the aftermarket add on modules, but the price gets fairly high so I thought maybe it would be better to just go with a new unit.

I like the iPod album view of the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVHP410/Pioneer-AVH-P4100DVD.html, and I've found all of the cables to to steering wheel controls and the adapter to keep OnStar, etc Link

So far it seems straightforward, but my concern is the RSE. My daughter listens to the ceiling mount flip down DVD through the IR headphones now and I read that I will loose the entire functionality of this unit if I upgrade.

There don't seem to be adapters to make this work for a 2004, just post 2007. Does anyone know of a good way to keep that DVD player working? Heck, if it just did headphones that would be fine by me. Thanks.

Chamkila

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you want i can buy your stock nav unit off of you ;) really need one

JoeDirte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have any luck getting an answer/solution for this? I have the same question.

OP
OP
M

Murtopia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went for the USA Spec iPod adapter and a separate Parrot Bluetooth unit with an external speaker. The iPod claimed that I'd get text display, but I don't and that I wouldn't loose XM, but I lost one band of XM presets. Basically XM1 is dedicated to iPod now.

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I understand it there is currently no work around for keeping RSE with an aftermarket system. Perhaps you could ebay your current set HU and RSE and just replace both with aftermarket

JoeDirte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was actually looking at buying the car, and I went back and looked at it. The DVD/RSE is actually aftermarket. (facepalm). So with the adapter for the chiming, etc., I should be good to go.

Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instigator01