2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well went looking for a window and found the "rare" style for $34! Also got esky rear trim piece thingys and I found a roof rack I'm going to go back and get tomorrow since I didn't bring torx bits. The trim pieces and rack need color matching but are in great shape I'm thrilled!

Struggled my arse off with the window because I went by myself and the truck that had the window I wanted was lifted 3 feet off the ground. I had to drag some wheels over, stack them up and do a balancing act all while sweaty my ballz off.
I hate you and your wrecking yards that sell a back glass for $34. :flipthebird::lol2:

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you like that glass better?

Didn't think I'd care but I do like it a little better. The handle is much better and I like the big plastic at the top. I need to get 5% tint over the factory stuff because it's super noticeable from the inside. Pics don't do it justice but I like my back dark enough nobody can see in even with a light.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't think I'd care but I do like it a little better. The handle is much better and I like the big plastic at the top. I need to get 5% tint over the factory stuff because it's super noticeable from the inside. Pics don't do it justice but I like my back dark enough nobody can see in even with a light.
Looks good and you don’t even need to CM the top part. Only problem with tinting the back glass is if you ever peel the tint the defrost grid is ruined. I bought one from a wrecking yard and tried to peel it but when the grid came off too I took it back and they gave me another.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good and you don’t even need to CM the top part. Only problem with tinting the back glass is if you ever peel the tint the defrost grid is ruined. I bought one from a wrecking yard and tried to peel it but when the grid came off too I took it back and they gave me another.

Didn't know that about the grid coming off. Might see how I like it at the current level of darkness for awhile. Would be nice to see out it at night.

I'm really pleased with the look of the new style glass. Thank you @Rocket Man for the suggestion. I paid less for the window than I would have paid in taxes for Safelite to replace it.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked up the esky roof rack and appliques today but not sure what to do with them. Color match the appliques obviously.

But should I match the end caps on the rack and leave the chrome?

Or paint the entire rack chrome and all?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't know that about the grid coming off. Might see how I like it at the current level of darkness for awhile. Would be nice to see out it at night.

I'm really pleased with the look of the new style glass. Thank you @Rocket Man for the suggestion. I paid less for the window than I would have paid in taxes for Safelite to replace it.
You’re welcome, I really like the newer style look. It’s more like the NNBS.

So I picked up the esky roof rack and appliques today but not sure what to do with them. Color match the appliques obviously.

But should I match the end caps on the rack and leave the chrome?

Or paint the entire rack chrome and all?
I highly suggest painting the whole thing although it does take a lot of sanding on the chrome since it’s metal. Here’s mine, I like how it looks all color matched.image.jpg

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re welcome, I really like the newer style look. It’s more like the NNBS.

I highly suggest painting the whole thing although it does take a lot of sanding on the chrome since it’s metal. Here’s mine, I like how it looks all color matched.View attachment 253880

If it was a color and not black I'd agree color match everything. But black with chrome wheels, grill and bumpers I'm conflicted. Anybody got a black hoe with esky rack?

I can always just have the caps paint matched and see how I like it chrome then paint the chrome if its fugly

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it was a color and not black I'd agree color match everything. But black with chrome wheels, grill and bumpers I'm conflicted. Anybody got a black hoe with esky rack?

I can always just have the caps paint matched and see how I like it chrome then paint the chrome if its fugly
Ahhhhhhh I HATE chrome, it must be eliminated lmao. Get rid of all of it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent