2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I never heard of that 2x4 trick will certainly do that from now on.

Well got bored tonight messing with clutch master cylinders and decided to delete the roof rack. It's easier than I thought and I put RTV on the threads when I put the bolts back in. Going to look for another option to make the bolts stick up less but those rivnuts are really the issue. Oh well if I wasn't so tall I wouldn't be able to see them.

These are terrible pics but here you go.

Also does anyone buy roof racks? Or want one? Free if you meet me somewhere in Orlando.
20200216_195955.jpg 20200216_195940.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not sure how I never heard of that 2x4 trick will certainly do that from now on.

Well got bored tonight messing with clutch master cylinders and decided to delete the roof rack. It's easier than I thought and I put RTV on the threads when I put the bolts back in. Going to look for another option to make the bolts stick up less but those rivnuts are really the issue. Oh well if I wasn't so tall I wouldn't be able to see them.

These are terrible pics but here you go.

Also does anyone buy roof racks? Or want one? Free if you meet me somewhere in Orlando.
View attachment 240712 View attachment 240713
So much better-er.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I really hated the rack just been lazy I guess. Watching the kid try to wax under it Saturday told me it was time to go. Might do a few other minor cosmetic upgrades soon.

Anyone have any other "free" mod ideas?

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
Looks great! Black too! My favorite color. Mine is similar, 4x4 at the moment, soon to be 2wd. I have same wheels I think but i painted mine satin black. I like the blackout look, your front window tint looks super dark. How is it to see out of at night? I have noticed my 30% fronts reflect too much everything else inside add I don't think I like it, but the look sometimes outweighs the practicality lol.

I like the removed roof rack. I plan to do the same to mine but just like you, then stupid rivits/nutserts are really the issue. I might have to weld mine up. I have seen the hard plastic bolt hole plugs (GM) but I can't recall exactly where at the moment, they might look more 'flush'?

Your Tahoe a sun roof model? Looks like it in the pic but my phone small to really tell.

You are lucky not to have the stupid little rubber ducky antennae up there as well. Mine has 2. One for factory xm maybe and one for the defunct on-Star. Gonna have to weld those up also.

Looks good! Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Black too! My favorite color. Mine is similar, 4x4 at the moment, soon to be 2wd. I have same wheels I think but i painted mine satin black. I like the blackout look, your front window tint looks super dark. How is it to see out of at night? I have noticed my 30% fronts reflect too much everything else inside add I don't think I like it, but the look sometimes outweighs the practicality lol.

I like the removed roof rack. I plan to do the same to mine but just like you, then stupid rivits/nutserts are really the issue. I might have to weld mine up. I have seen the hard plastic bolt hole plugs (GM) but I can't recall exactly where at the moment, they might look more 'flush'?

Your Tahoe a sun roof model? Looks like it in the pic but my phone small to really tell.

You are lucky not to have the stupid little rubber ducky antennae up there as well. Mine has 2. One for factory xm maybe and one for the defunct on-Star. Gonna have to weld those up also.

Looks good! Keep us posted.

The windshield is actually just a 5% AS1 strip nothing over the entire windshield. The AS1 is pretty low and lower than I wanted at first but I like it now.

No sunroof thankfully, I never use them and find they just end up leaking or causing the headliner to sag.

Do you have any pics of yours with the black wheels. I've considered painting mine but I also want to find something lighter weight so idk what ill do. I actually just order 1/4" spacers because the 285s rub a little up front.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh oh I might have pulled the trigger on a full HD front swap. Hood should be delivered by Wednesday painted Thursday and I'll pick it up Friday. Grille and bumper cap will hopefully be here before then. Also looking for Hellwig sway bars if anyone has a set kicking around.

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Also bought some stainless braided brake lines from a member last night. Sometime soon I'll throw those on and bleed the brakes. Its already got a stop tech kit front and rear as well as hydro boost which is the single best upgrade for any GMT800 IMHO.
It very much is! My Yukon has factory hydroboost and I love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar