2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeeps don't do burnouts so I have no interest. I used to do more offroading when I lived up north but since Florida is either sand or mud I keep out of the mud and only go sand blasting occasionally.

I really don't remember the part number but I can look. It will fit all 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0s. I like that it its longer so theres more to grab onto when removing.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Jeeps don't do burnouts so I have no interest. I used to do more offroading when I lived up north but since Florida is either sand or mud I keep out of the mud and only go sand blasting occasionally.

I really don't remember the part number but I can look. It will fit all 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0s. I like that it its longer so theres more to grab onto when removing.

I am an Amazon member so if I can get a case price for mine I am gonna do it. Thanks.

When I lived in Missouri we had Mud Runs all the time. Always took my wife with me in the passenger seat. She loved it more than I did.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There is a thread here about the swap from vacuum boost to hydro-boost on the GMT800. It is recent too. Was that you or another member. At 67 I need reminding sometimes.
Thanks for the filter number. I thought that was it but wanted to be sure.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it wasn't me this one had it when I bought it but I did it to my silverado. Seriously massive improvement! The tahoes pedal seems real squishy though so I think it needs a good bleed. Stops fine when you finally get the pressure applied but I'm pretty certain theres either air in the lines or the rubber hoses and flexing bad.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
How old is the fluid? Power steering builds a lot of heat and that fluid can break down before you know it. Plus it is doing 2 systems now instead of just the one. How old are the pads? Good quality ceramic pads? It would be a very rare thing for air to be in there after even just 2-3 days of normal driving. That air gets cycled to the top of reservoir pretty quickly. If it is running hot and starts to aerate then that could be a source as well. P/S cooler in good condition?

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the powersteering fluid still stays separate to the PS system even with hydroboost. It just sends the booster pressure and then it routes back to the PS reservoir. The brake fluid could be ancient I'm not sure. It looks very dark and probably needs replacement.

I guess when I said I changed all fluids in my original post I didn't mean for that to include brake or clutch fluids. As those are more than a 1 person job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne