2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s actually easy to pull the dash on these, maybe 30 minutes tops. Waaaaaay easier than the NNBS which are always cracked. Here’s a link to a how-to.

Whoa thats much easier than I expected! I had no idea it was that simple. I guess I never realized its in different pieces like that, I pulled a ranger dash out once and it was the whole shebang in one, not fun.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa thats much easier than I expected! I had no idea it was that simple. I guess I never realized its in different pieces like that, I pulled a ranger dash out once and it was the whole shebang in one, not fun.
Yep I’ve pulled and painted mine twice. Pretty simple. Even easy enough to do quickly at a wrecking yard, plus I’d feel good about a used one as opposed to a NNBS which would probably crack. I actually bought a NNBS one out of a Tahoe off marketplace for the interior swap in my Silverado. It lasted one summer and cracked in both the usual places so I just got done installing a new $600 one.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I’ve pulled and painted mine twice. Pretty simple. Even easy enough to do quickly at a wrecking yard, plus I’d feel good about a used one as opposed to a NNBS which would probably crack. I actually bought a NNBS one out of a Tahoe off marketplace for the interior swap in my Silverado. It lasted one summer and cracked in both the usual places so I just got done installing a new $600 one.
I actually remember reading that in the Beast thread now, ouch $600 for an NNBS dash that's rough, I hope it lasts a while.
Sucks about the dash, but the gauges look View attachment 353672
Thank you! Can't wait to get the wheel on and working with the DIC.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had another long start last night that resulted in a P0173 code pending and alone, no cam sensor code although it was the same symptom that caused me to replace the cam sensor. I'm wondering if my fuel pump is dying, I have no lean issues under throttle and actually logged data yesterday since it had been a while. The truck started perfectly fine this morning no hint of an issue and still no check engine light so IDK maybe a poltergeist.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugg pretty sure my fuel pump is taking a crap, trucks not starting on the first key turn it just cranks and cranks but, if I recycle the key and immediately crank again it fires right up. No lean activity anywhere but it did have a P0173 code pending on one log but it went away on the next run. No other symptoms or codes and I checked all the plug wires to make sure they are tight and the intake connections to make sure they aren't loose or leaking.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugg pretty sure my fuel pump is taking a crap, trucks not starting on the first key turn it just cranks and cranks but, if I recycle the key and immediately crank again it fires right up. No lean activity anywhere but it did have a P0173 code pending on one log but it went away on the next run. No other symptoms or codes and I checked all the plug wires to make sure they are tight and the intake connections to make sure they aren't loose or leaking.
My s10 did that. Pulled the assembly to replace the pump and the little hose from the pump to the top of the sending unit was rubbing the spring and it had worn a tiny hole in it. That caused it to bleed off until I tried to start it. I had no other issues, just long crank on initial startup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401