2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends...are are ya gunna duble clutch it like ya shud????

Duh!

Finally got some help on the AC issue. I went to start the truck earlier and IDK if I didn't turn the key enough or what but the truck almost started then didn't. Luckily after the second try it fired up like normal and I was off but with a check engine light. The code reads crank sensor, a misfire likly caused by the crank sensor and p0530 AC pressure sensor circuit A! P0530 is set to "NO MIL Light" so I never would see it unless I checked codes for something else, hopefully, I will find a frayed wire or something similar.

As far as the crank sensor code goes, I cleared it and I guess I'll see if it comes back on or not, if so that's not a big deal to replace.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crawled under the truck to look at the AC sensor wiring and noticed a few things. First was that one of the bolts holding the cross member that sits below the engine was finger loose. The only time I ever remember touching those was after I first bought the truck and noticed both of them were about to fall off loose. Probably gonna take one out and go get a slightly longer bolt with a nylon lock nut.

Second was that there was oil all over the rear passenger side of the motor almost as if it was leaking from the heads which wouldn’t make sense. Then I noticed the transmission vent was pointing right at that area and the vent line was no more than 3” long and caked in crud. I’m assuming since I recently changed its oil and filled it all the way up that it’s now venting more and blowing it right at the back of the motor.

So I ran a longer hose up into the engine bay by where the secondary battery tray would be. I stuck the hose end into a water bottle to see how much it vents over a few weeks and to decide if it’s worth a $20 catch can or not. It has one way valve but it’s caked in crap and not working correctly.

Then I drug a buddies wrecked car to his new house, glad I have the helped bags back in 20psi and it stays nice and level. The 4 wheeler was coming to help push the POS into his new garage since there’s a brake totally locked up.

Attachments

• DC536DCA-26A5-4D9F-A499-D9CCC278556F.jpeg
    DC536DCA-26A5-4D9F-A499-D9CCC278556F.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1F16B455-2399-4C5F-9C3A-1B7B4CCA1513.jpeg
    1F16B455-2399-4C5F-9C3A-1B7B4CCA1513.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 3E70C014-A348-42A3-B5F0-E2772FBA8D78.jpeg
    3E70C014-A348-42A3-B5F0-E2772FBA8D78.jpeg
    799 KB · Views: 5
  • 64FF95D1-7DB8-4880-9EB8-2EBCB1A4E88F.jpeg
    64FF95D1-7DB8-4880-9EB8-2EBCB1A4E88F.jpeg
    561.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 1D3BEDB7-F1E7-4D5D-9A9B-B22E6675AA7C.jpeg
    1D3BEDB7-F1E7-4D5D-9A9B-B22E6675AA7C.jpeg
    683.2 KB · Views: 6

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crawled under the truck to look at the AC sensor wiring and noticed a few things. First was that one of the bolts holding the cross member that sits below the engine was finger loose. The only time I ever remember touching those was after I first bought the truck and noticed both of them were about to fall off loose. Probably gonna take one out and go get a slightly longer bolt with a nylon lock nut.

Second was that there was oil all over the rear passenger side of the motor almost as if it was leaking from the heads which wouldn’t make sense. Then I noticed the transmission vent was pointing right at that area and the vent line was no more than 3” long and caked in crud. I’m assuming since I recently changed its oil and filled it all the way up that it’s now venting more and blowing it right at the back of the motor.

So I ran a longer hose up into the engine bay by where the secondary battery tray would be. I stuck the hose end into a water bottle to see how much it vents over a few weeks and to decide if it’s worth a $20 catch can or not. It has one way valve but it’s caked in crap and not working correctly.

Then I drug a buddies wrecked car to his new house, glad I have the helped bags back in 20psi and it stays nice and level. The 4 wheeler was coming to help push the POS into his new garage since there’s a brake totally locked up.
Did your buddy just wreck that Mustang?

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your buddy just wreck that Mustang?
No it was in spring IIRC, he was going way too fast in the rain on crappy tires and slid over a curb and through a giant power junction box at 60mph. It’s pretty jacked up, not sure why he didn’t want to claim insurance on it. I’d have let them total it and gotten a V8 model.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Tahoe back on the road for the first time in 2 weeks! Two weeks ago I pulled the headlight panel, rear wiper panel, and AC controls out to send off for white leds along with the wheel with buttons I bought.

Got it all back in and everything works except the wheel because I’m missing the button harness and didn’t realize it until I got it all together. So now I’m waiting until that harness comes in to put the airbag back in.

Also replaced the cam sensor that started acting up a day before I pulled everything apart and I thought it didn’t work at first. After I replaced it I cleared the codes and during the first start it took forever and then had the same cam sensor code. Let the truck sit a week and when I started it today it took awhile but when it started the engine code went away and has started a few times since perfectly normal.

Anyway no more Toyota DD I love that truck but it has a lot of issues for daily driving.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I think I officially have to total the Tahoe out. Driving to Lowes yesterday I noticed the unthinkable, my dash has started the crack life. Pretty bummed about it because while the dash wasn't that great to start with it didn't have any cracks and IDK what specifically would have caused this one. It didn't happen when I put the dash bezel back in, I think it happened while it was sitting for a day in the partial sun before I drove it again. Guess I'll have to move my phone mount over to cover it or get an old person carpet dash pad.

In other news today was my first time driving at night with the new white LEDs and omg they are bright! They are almost to the point where I want to dim them some. First time I've seen the AC controls light up since I've had the truck and boy oh boy I can't wait to see the steering wheel lit up.

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0963.jpg
    IMG_0963.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 4

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK what you did to that dash- never seen a NBS crack. Truck must be a real POS. And now you’re just gonna crash anyway with those bright @ss LED’s so might as well just give it to somebody that could use some of the parts.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK what you did to that dash- never seen a NBS crack. Truck must be a real POS. And now you’re just gonna crash anyway with those bright @ss LED’s so might as well just give it to somebody that could use some of the parts.

I don't think I've ever seen one crack either. I'm **** about never putting anything on the dash too.

It is a POS about to roll over 275k!

Should be able to find another dash pad in a junkyard. They never crack lol.
I never realized they were replaceable, I thought the entire dash had to be removed which I'm not about to do.
And here I thought you were gonna volunteer to take that hoe off his hands…:p

He can't handle the POWA!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe