2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there is a difference in that whole shock mount/LCA box thing. You'll find out soon enough!

FWIW, I haven't noticed any vibes from bad driveline alignment. Not saying there aren't any, though.

All my factory stuff has swapped over so far so maybe it's just aesthetics that are different. I wish I'd kept the old axle now so I could identify differences. It's so odd there seems to be very little info on these brackets or the problems I'm having. I know I put a monster yoke on but realistically its not that much bigger than factory. I know the pinion angle isn't great but I'd bet my Tacomas is worse with no driveline vibes. I also know people like you go 5-6" drops and don't seem to have this odd yoke issue. So I'm really just confused at what the main cause is.

Maybe the power transfer is more drastic with the manual trans? But then again I can roll into the throttle and it still does it.

Maybe its the drastic suspension changes? But I have maxed out rear comp and front rebound and it still does it.

Anyway I noticed my diff is still leaking when I saw the truck Thursday so as suggest by @Rocket Man, I ordered a lube locker gasket and new 6pt stainless flange head bolts because eff those allen head POS.

Super pumped to pick the turd up tomorrow I miss my V8 and the tacoma has too many gears.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news this Saturday morning! Exhaust is fantastic and the AC works!

So the exhaust no longer hits the axle, doesnt hang below the frame rail, is not visible from any angle, and sounds good especially for no cats! The current setup is longtubes> collector connected with V bands to the 3" y pipe with one Vibrant ultra quiet on each bank>then the dual 3" into the massive Gibson muffler>out of the Gibson into the 4" diesel axle pipe connected with a 4" Vband, then into the Dodge OEM 4" resonator and dumped just above the hitch with a turn down/out.

The sound is quieter than before and very quiet at idle, it has just enough hum to know the engine is on and to hear when to shift but not make it uncomfortable.

The AC didnt work when I picked the truck up. Got it home and looked at the high pressure sensor but I never spliced into it for AFR readings as I have other vehicles. So I unplugged both sensors and plugged them back in, started it up and boom it came on! Check pressure which were low so I added half a can and its working everytime now.

20210619_091639.jpg20210619_110648.jpg20210619_110734.jpg20210619_110755.jpg20210619_110759.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great news this Saturday morning! Exhaust is fantastic and the AC works!

So the exhaust no longer hits the axle, doesnt hang below the frame rail, is not visible from any angle, and sounds good especially for no cats! The current setup is longtubes> collector connected with V bands to the 3" y pipe with one Vibrant ultra quiet on each bank>then the dual 3" into the massive Gibson muffler>out of the Gibson into the 4" diesel axle pipe connected with a 4" Vband, then into the Dodge OEM 4" resonator and dumped just above the hitch with a turn down/out.

The sound is quieter than before and very quiet at idle, it has just enough hum to know the engine is on and to hear when to shift but not make it uncomfortable.

The AC didnt work when I picked the truck up. Got it home and looked at the high pressure sensor but I never spliced into it for AFR readings as I have other vehicles. So I unplugged both sensors and plugged them back in, started it up and boom it came on! Check pressure which were low so I added half a can and its working everytime now.

View attachment 304954View attachment 304956View attachment 304957View attachment 304958View attachment 304959
Hell yeah man! We need to hear that exhaust…

haha! You added that right as I was asking for it…

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good broski, almost like a plane lol.

Your probably hearing the fans, I have them set to turn on and stay on nearly constantly to help troubleshoot my ac issues.

Hearing the fans over the exhaust just shows how quiet it is at idle. I haven't even gotten passed 1/4 throttle with it yet so I'll do a better driving sound clip when the yoke problem is solved

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great! Just how I like them. Quiet.
As a quick reminder, that's still one of my favorite nbs tahoes on here. Simple and clean.
Well thank you! It looks much cleaner without those two sore Peter's hanging out the back. When the motor comes out eventually it will all get ceramic coated black I think.20210619_174332.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442