1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Discussion in 'Under Construction' started by Dantheman1540, Feb 14, 2020.

1. randeez

randeez Full Access Member

Name:
    randy
    lol yea i think it was a few years ago when i was going coilovers , glad to see it hasnt changed.

got side tracked reading about their active shock management...whats a couple grand if it means i dont have to manually crawl under to make shock adjustments

2. Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540 Full Access Member

Name:
    Dan

Ehhh what's a quick crawl around when you already rebuild half the motor weekly. :jester:

***Edit*** Idk how much Atomic makes selling their products but I'm impressed how affordable they are compared to Wohan's finest QA1.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Sam Harris, pwtr02ss and randeez like this.
  3. Dantheman1540

Name:
    Dan
    I was really beating the truck today on my friday errand runs and noticed that even without a front sway bar the truck feels easier/lighter to throw around in corners. Also I guess I didn't realize it but it really did terrible on the highway before the front rebuild. I used to get a lot more wandering and small patches of rough asphalt would almost give it a minor vibration that would last for a few more seconds after returning to smooth pavement. Almost like a tiny mini death wobble, kinda reminded me of Apollo 11 when they enter the atmosphere.

Anyway need to find a better mount option for the fogs still, they sit way to far back in the holes.

Here's a cool pic of the lowbeams+fogs illuminating my new driveway. I love the output from such a simple setup. I'm hoping pulling the fogs out of the hole allows their pattern to widen.

20210122_190138.jpg

Speck, pwtr02ss, randeez and 3 others like this.
  4. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    After reading, rereading and rerereading this exchange, I have to say I agree with @randeez on this one.

iamdub, pwtr02ss and Dantheman1540 like this.
  5. randeez

Name:
    randy
    I agree with @wjburken

iamdub, Sam Harris, wjburken and 2 others like this.
  6. 08grey

08grey Full Access Member

Name:
    joe
    Can i use something like this on the 04 escalade. I really want to lower it a inch or two get rid of the air ride without loosing ride quality?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Dantheman1540 likes this.
  7. randeez

Name:
    randy
    For the front this deletes the torsion bars and You need the lower mount that atomic makes, the top uses oem stud mount I guess @Dantheman1540 ?

For the rear, these are replacement shocks. The air ride helps with payload capacity, some people throw the Firestone bags in the coils to make up for it.

Sam Harris and Dantheman1540 like this.
  8. Dantheman1540

Name:
    Dan
    Best riding lowering kit available for the front IMO. You don't necessarily need the upper mount I'm using stud top directly to the OEM shock mount with Atomics custom bushing. If you look around his site he has a very detailed write up about the swap and all possible options.

https://atomicfabandperformance.com/product/99-06-torsion-bar-coilover-package/

Sam Harris and randeez like this.
  9. Dantheman1540

Name:
    Dan
    Alright, re-measured and the driver side continues to drop a little down to 33.5" so I decided rather than continue to crank it since it rides amazing I dropped the passenger side to match. While doing so I decided I always wanted to do a 5lug swap and the last OEM part on the entire front end was happy to oblige :banghead:

That sides lug studs have been finicky for a while and I always hand tighten before dugga dugga but I may have forgotten to do that last time since I've had them on and off 13Gazzilion times in the last week. Oh well, I'm not worried and If another one does it then I'll replace the hub otherwise it'll ride till it gets noisy. :head3:

20210123_105831.jpg 20210123_105838.jpg

Tonyrodz, wjburken, randeez and 2 others like this.
  10. randeez

Name:
    randy
    I'm having about as much fun replacing wheel bearings on my daily