2003 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okierock1959

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I shift the transmission from park to reverse or drive, there are a series of dings. It is not constant, and varies from 3 to 15. What would this be? A code for something needing attention?

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id check the U joints on the rear driveshaft first. How many miles? The U joints original or been replaced with aftermarkets and have the clips?

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I shift the transmission from park to reverse or drive, there are a series of dings. It is not constant, and varies from 3 to 15. What would this be? A code for something needing attention?

Is the check engine light on? Electronic dings from the speakers usually indicate something is being disabled after failing a test such as the brake system for stabilitrak or traction control. usually it is noted on the DIC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Okierock1959

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the check engine light on? Electronic dings from the speakers usually indicate something is being disabled after failing a test such as the brake system for stabilitrak or traction control. usually it is noted on the DIC.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh I just comprehended the "dings" you were hearing were across the stereo system. Take a look at your instrument cluster below PRNDL indicator. Should have some mesages there for you telling you whats up.

OP
OP
O

Okierock1959

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ahhh I just comprehended the "dings" you were hearing were across the stereo system. Take a look at your instrument cluster below PRNDL indicator. Should have some mesages there for you telling you whats up.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts