2003 Yukon/New member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nicety

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new here and glad to see there's a forum to find out some things on these vehicles.
I have a 2003 GMC Yukon that has been in the family since new. There are no plans on
getting rid of it mainly cause it runs so good and sentimental reasons. I had the vehicle serviced
at the dealership and got a few issues taken care of and naturally they raked me over the coals.
That being said I have 3 issues that are a thorn in my side. 1) The Service Ride Control light is on
and the dealership wants one arm to diagnose it. 2) The DVD player seems to be running and draining
the battery, I've gone through 4 batteries in 3 years, the dealer has nerve enough to want 2 arms
to diagnose that although they were the ones who told me that that was what was draining the battery!
They told me there would be a charge to find the fuse and pull it. I call crap on that but I digress. Anyone
have either problem and know a fix for either? Thanks for the help!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) service ride control is probably due to a bad strut or shock (Denali models and some LT models had AUTORIDE) Plenty of info on threads here about that. If you can get thr code, then we can help diagnose/repair.
2) for the DVD, I'd look in the owners manual under the fuse section. It may be broken down if there are multiple fuses for the entertainment system. The other option is to remove the bezel, then radio, etc. and fund the plug for the player itself and just power it off if you don't plan on using it.

More specifics on model, trim, mileage, and area of use (ie: rust area vs not) will help as well.

Welcome from WI!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving clarifying questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts