2003 2WD Yukon Daily Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddwelch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this is the build thread for my most recent daily driver. I have been wanting something "Ls" based for quite a while. I have been in the *** car scene forever now, and this is my fist American and v8 platform. I pipe dreamed about an Ls swapped *** car, but could not justify the funds needed and life.

2003 GMC Yukon SLT is my new daily. 2WD with 208k when I picked it up. It needed a hand full of maintenance when I first got it, which I will update here for my records keeping.

Currently at 225k miles.

When I first picked up:
0Rft79H.jpg

Another baseline:
9GP8Pqa.jpg

New wheels, trying to mimic baseline pic:
U7I0fS5.jpg

Random pictures with new wheels:
pejBc1X.jpg

hngScDU.jpg

Took the moldings and badge off passenger side to see if I liked it:
3andiOC.jpg

wEruANG.jpg

I liked the no molding look as more time went on. I still need to do the driver side.

Maintenance done so far:
Early 2020: intake mani gaskets, knock sensors, center valley cover gasket, EGR solenoid, and all 4 o2 sensors.
Mid 2020: KYB monomax shocks all around, pads/rotors all around.

Plans: Continue with maintenance so it drives even better than it does now. Along with getting it to drive better in a sense of feel, I would like to lower it most likely with a 2/4 drop. Been on the fence wanting to wrap it, but do not want any more attention drawn. Back up cam, new head unit, and better beats is always a plus. So we shall see.

I have loads of questions, but wont ask until I get to the point of actually making an action that pertains to the areas of interest regarding the questions.

poppajorgio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 yukon xl and I am pretty much in the same process. I detailed the crap out of it, changed the lenses on all around with stock, and also took the molding off. I used to want replacement molding but I think it looks great without it.

I need to get those wheels! They look great on it and I bet when its lowered it will look great. Can you tell me what vehicle they came off? I have been trying to look it up....

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 yukon xl and I am pretty much in the same process. I detailed the crap out of it, changed the lenses on all around with stock, and also took the molding off. I used to want replacement molding but I think it looks great without it.

I need to get those wheels! They look great on it and I bet when its lowered it will look great. Can you tell me what vehicle they came off? I have been trying to look it up....
Those are 2015-2020 Yukon and Sierra Denali factory wheels. I have them on my 2006 in the same finish. They also came in chrome and polished alloy finishes. It’s a good looking wheel and easy to keep clean because of the wider open spaces on the wheel.

OP
OP
D

ddwelch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking forward to your build thread. What a difference wheels make. Color looks great.

Thanks man. It will be a slow one as most of my money goes into *** cars. I totally agree about the wheel choice, and super wish the color was fresh because I dig it as well.

2015+ Yukon Wheels. There is a Denali edition also.

Only 225k? Pre-preliminary break in, done.
Exactlyyyy lol. 225k is high for my preference, but runs like a champ! Just leaks oil.

Those are 2015-2020 Yukon and Sierra Denali factory wheels. I have them on my 2006 in the same finish. They also came in chrome and polished alloy finishes. It’s a good looking wheel and easy to keep clean because of the wider open spaces on the wheel.

What this guy said^

@ddwelch good looking truck! Welcome to the forum!
Thanks dude!

Late post. A few months back my cluster was intermittently going out. Then it completely died. Drove bling for almost 2 months before buying a cluster from digitaldashsolutions/fixmygauges.com. I LOVE the way this came out. At first I was a little overwhelmed by the blue at night, but the more I drove it the more i liked it.
F2DICJt.jpg

zBaslBx.jpg

Filler pics of my *** cars.
1997 Integra Type R:
3IOOqpQ.jpg

1992 Miata 1.8/6speed swapped:
MnmVrCF.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like an Escalade style cluster? Looks good mate! Love the blue LEDs! I have blue in Escalade cluster as well and I love it. Though I went with a white gauge face.

OP
OP
D

ddwelch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like an Escalade style cluster? Looks good mate! Love the blue LEDs! I have blue in Escalade cluster as well and I love it. Though I went with a white gauge face.

Yes, Escalade style upgrade with tranny temp. I was torn between black or white faces, but went with black face white needles obviously.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So this is the build thread for my most recent daily driver. I have been wanting something "Ls" based for quite a while. I have been in the *** car scene forever now, and this is my fist American and v8 platform. I pipe dreamed about an Ls swapped *** car, but could not justify the funds needed and life.

2003 GMC Yukon SLT is my new daily. 2WD with 208k when I picked it up. It needed a hand full of maintenance when I first got it, which I will update here for my records keeping.

Currently at 225k miles.

When I first picked up:
0Rft79H.jpg

Another baseline:
9GP8Pqa.jpg

New wheels, trying to mimic baseline pic:
U7I0fS5.jpg

Random pictures with new wheels:
pejBc1X.jpg

hngScDU.jpg

Took the moldings and badge off passenger side to see if I liked it:
3andiOC.jpg

wEruANG.jpg

I liked the no molding look as more time went on. I still need to do the driver side.

Maintenance done so far:
Early 2020: intake mani gaskets, knock sensors, center valley cover gasket, EGR solenoid, and all 4 o2 sensors.
Mid 2020: KYB monomax shocks all around, pads/rotors all around.

Plans: Continue with maintenance so it drives even better than it does now. Along with getting it to drive better in a sense of feel, I would like to lower it most likely with a 2/4 drop. Been on the fence wanting to wrap it, but do not want any more attention drawn. Back up cam, new head unit, and better beats is always a plus. So we shall see.

I have loads of questions, but wont ask until I get to the point of actually making an action that pertains to the areas of interest regarding the questions.

If you have the Premium Smooth Ride option (ZW7) you'll need to get stiffer springs for the rears if you replace Nivomat shocks (if they're still on it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011