2002 5.3 intake manifold gasket replacement.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to replace the intake manifold gasket on my flex fuel 5.3 Tahoe and I was wondering if there is anything in particular I should know about?
I did a forum search but I couldn't find anything.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
I had my knock sensors replaced last year. So while they were at it got a kit of gaskets for 140 dollars that replaces all the intake manifold ones. I had quite a few that were shot. I would suggest you replace all those as well. It was worth it in mine had lean codes coming up. Now all good.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

R422b

Reaction score
I had my knock sensors replaced last year. So while they were at it got a kit of gaskets for 140 dollars that replaces all the intake manifold ones. I had quite a few that were shot. I would suggest you replace all those as well. It was worth it in mine had lean codes coming up. Now all good.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
That's what I'm doing and the reason I'm doing it is because of those lean codes.
I should have everything to do it next weekend so hopefully we'll have good weather.

OP
OP
R

R422b

Reaction score
These are my codes.
I really need to tackle the evap issue but I just don't have time at the moment. 4c45f6afadf6f96d7b5c98fc031dff39.jpg

OP
OP
R

R422b

Reaction score
Am I going to have to do any crank cam correlation relearn after replacing the cam sensor? I think that's mostly a vortec small block thing but I wasn't sure.

OP
OP
R

R422b

Reaction score
I was sure hoping to do this this weekend but I just called the dealer to find out where my parts were and the knock sensor harness is backordered with no eta. [emoji3525]

OP
OP
R

R422b

Reaction score
I have some tuning questions about this Tahoe but I guess I should probably start a new thread for that.

OP
OP
R

R422b

Reaction score
I still haven't got the knock sensor harness but I finally changed my fan clutch which was needing changed 3 years ago and was totally shot now. I also upgraded to the heavy duty clutch because it had problems with the transmission cooling and the ac at stops.

talking about Chevy's using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907