2002 5.3 intake manifold gasket replacement.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a 15 minute job without a transmission in the way. Its just a few bolts and some sealant.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
It would take me 15 mins just to make sure the engine is as clean as possible. Than 10 mins of double checking everything. Maybe 30 mins.

OP
OP
R

R422b

Reaction score
You may re-think the dealer when they quote you the prices. Good Luck.
I just got a set of six spark plugs for my sister-in-law's Impala and the knock sensor harness and oil pressure sensor for my Tahoe because I couldn't get those on RockAuto and that ran me $215.
I think that's not too bad and at least I'm supporting a local company that way.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
You also want to build up a small dam of rtv around those knock sensors. They have an issue with corrosion getting down into the sensor holes, so it’s a good idea to stop that next time around. Like so:
7a6e64c53376c738ca9909790261d9af.jpg
I skipped the RTV dam. My knock sensors were pristine at 193k miles, so I figured why bother

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to hug the engineer that designed intake gasket and valley cover for gen 3+ small block. Done a handfull of intake gasketa and gen 3 is a breeze compared to others.

Fyi, not sure what everybody else said but I kept my foam blocks. lots of people throw them away.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

R422b

Reaction score
I want to hug the engineer that designed intake gasket and valley cover for gen 3+ small block. Done a handfull of intake gasketa and gen 3 is a breeze compared to others.

Fyi, not sure what everybody else said but I kept my foam blocks. lots of people throw them away.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Yeah I googled it to figure out what it was and if it's not falling apart or something crazy I'm leaving it.
I just placed an order for the knock sensors and camshaft position sensor on RockAuto.
The oil pressure sensor and knock sensor harness will be coming in a couple days at GM and I will probably do this next weekend before I do damage to the motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts