2001 Yukon Cabin Air Filters

Discussion in 'Interior' started by RGB1978, Sep 15, 2019.

1. RGB1978

RGB1978 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ron
    I’ve been changing both cabin air filters under the dash on the passenger side in my 2001 Yukon every couple of years. One is called the “front” filter and the other is the “rear” filter. Does anyone know if this is referring to the front ac and the rear ac or is it referring to the position the two of them are installed in? I’m wondering if there is a separate cabin filter for the rear ac located somewhere else that I need to change?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. petethepug

petethepug Full Access Member

Name:
    Michael
    I’m in for even a possibility of a rear filter. All my vehicles have them (now) and two of them had to have the set up from an earlier model year added to the HVAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew Jeschke likes this.
  3. Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke Full Access Member

Name:
    Matthew
    That would be nice. I don't think my rear air has a filter, however, it only recirculates cabin air.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

4. 915_Tahoe

915_Tahoe Full Access Member

Name:
    Rene
    These trucks don't have a rear filter. Just the ones in the front.

Doubeleive likes this.
  5. petethepug

petethepug Full Access Member

Name:
    Michael
    Your right. GM does refer to a rear filter. It seems two filters are fitted to the same filter slot. The rear filter is slid in first and the 2nd filter is considered the front filter. There’s two in the early vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. RGB1978

RGB1978 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ron
    Everyone that said there isn’t a filter for the rear HVAC is correct. My rear HVAC blower developed a squeak that I couldn’t get rid of by lubrication. The motor is sealed in such a way that you can’t even get to the bearings to oil them. I found a replacement motor online for about $23 and replaced it. When I took the interior right rear trim panel off I saw that the blower simply pulls cabin air through the slots in the rear trim panel and recirculates it through the cabin. The path the air takes is rather crude and GM uses the exterior quarter panel as the outside of the “duct” that the air travels through. Anyway, I was surprised that there was no rear air filter since they do a really good job of filtering the air for the front HVAC unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk