2001 tahoe key fob part number question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think a tuner should be able to turn off the immobilizer if you wanted to just get rid of it. Maybe BlackBearPerformance could chime in. They would know for sure.

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The frequency for the Tahoe EU is 433 MHz and must be given the number of the remote control:

AU8 GM / UTA 15732808

AU8 being your RPO code. You put the picture on the first page. All our European Tahoe are with this code and they all have the same frequency and the same remote control code.

If you have an answer, do not forget to forward the information

Adriver: thanks, I'm going to see the site you're talking about

OP
OP
daol

daol

Reaction score
The frequency for the Tahoe EU is 433 MHz and must be given the number of the remote control:

AU8 GM / UTA 15732808

AU8 being your RPO code. You put the picture on the first page. All our European Tahoe are with this code and they all have the same frequency and the same remote control code.

If you have an answer, do not forget to forward the information

Adriver: thanks, I'm going to see the site you're talking about

awesome, Il order the https://www.ebay.de/itm/Cloning-Gat...896331?hash=item41e8d12acb:g:IIoAAOSwhilbXyjX remote then, since its the same frequency, and it learns from my working remote, so that should work, would be nice not having to fear if this is the day my remote will stop working:)

OP
OP
daol

daol

Reaction score
exactlly what I thought, at that price its worth testing, I see no reason why it would not work, same mhz, and it learns from an existing remote, so it should be able to copy the signal/code, but I really have no idea, but worth a try

OP
OP
daol

daol

Reaction score
If your existing remote still works and is just cracked or falling apart, Dorman makes replacement shells with button membrane. It uses your existing circuit board, just have to find the model that matches....

https://www.dormanproducts.com/gsearch.aspx?type=keyword&origin=keyword&q=keyless+remote+cases
I bought a shell on ebay, so that's on the way, just to keep my one and only precious remote safer while Im trying to find new remotes that work, but a shell will not solve the problem with having only one remote, and the risk if it would break, from me dropping it or the 18 year old electronics just giving up:)

Last edited:

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is not really to find a replacement shell but to find an entire remote control to have a spare.

With US frequencies we find everywhere, but with European frequencies it is almost impossible. We drive with our trucks thinking that this remote can fail at any time and we find it impossible to restart. Worse, apart from reprogramming the computer, the vehicle can remain immobilized for a long time.

When I bought my Tahoe, I did not understand why the seller insisted that there was only one remote ... it's talking to Tahoe owners, Escalade or whatever in France that I understood

OP
OP
daol

daol

Reaction score
waiting for the remote I found on ebay, hoping it will work, I wish there was an easy way to just disable the immobilizer, like with the press of a button with a computer:p

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waiting for the remote I found on ebay, hoping it will work, I wish there was an easy way to just disable the immobilizer, like with the press of a button with a computer:p

Wait, are you just wanting to disable the passlock? Have you tried to turn the key to auxiliary for about 10-15 minutes until the light is off. That is supposed to permanently disable the passlock. You should be able to do this, and then just use the key without any worries about the passlock not working.

There are passlock bypass kits out there, if getting an aftermarket remote doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali