2000 Yukon..Heat issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, well the blend door is the first thing that I would check, that would also explain not having cold ac as well, the door could be stuck and so you get whatever temperature is prevailing at the time or season.
good luck.

OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score
ok, well the blend door is the first thing that I would check, that would also explain not having cold ac as well, the door could be stuck and so you get whatever temperature is prevailing at the time or season.
good luck.

I appreciate the help! im gonna start there. Any writeups or tips for checking it? I see you said its in the passenger side kick panel correct?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
no, because the blend door only mixes hot & cold it does not control air flow, it could be getting stuck at 20% hot and 80% cold
it works like a Y both hot & cold air flow at up to 100% regardless if it is on 100% hot or 100% cold or anywhere in between
the door moves up and down mixing the air temperature

View attachment 237699

See, I just turned 67 on Christmas Eve and this old dog just learned a new trick. Hell, another brain fart. I know that the blend doors direct the flow of the temp and not the blower flow. The temp flow needs to enter the blower flow to get pushed out the appropriate vents. Thanks Wes.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the help! im gonna start there. Any writeups or tips for checking it? I see you said its in the passenger side kick panel correct?
Lots of youtube video's out there because it is a very common problem
before you go and just yank it out you can visually check it, there a slotted hole on the actuator, it will move when the door is commanded hot or cold or in the middle, there is 3 corresponding marks on the outer plastic that the slot should match up with when the door is commanded fully hot or fully cold or in the middle, if the marks do not line up then it is not working properly. if the slot turns and you dont feel any temp difference then it's possible the plastic door inside is broken. but you can then take off the actuator and check the door by hand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score
Lots of youtube video's out there because it is a very common problem
before you go and just yank it out you can visually check it, there a slotted hole on the actuator, it will move when the door is commanded hot or cold or in the middle, there is 3 corresponding marks on the outer plastic that the slot should match up with when the door is commanded fully hot or fully cold or in the middle, if the marks do not line up then it is not working properly. if the slot turns and you dont feel any temp difference then it's possible the plastic door inside is broken. but you can then take off the actuator and check the door by hand.

Dude I cant thank you enough for the help. That's why I love these forums. Ill touch base after I check this thing and update you guys. BTW, I love that Silverado in your signature. I planned on buying one but the wife and I are house hunting now so I bought this cheap Yukon to hold me over

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Dude I cant thank you enough for the help. That's why I love these forums. Ill touch base after I check this thing and update you guys. BTW, I love that Silverado in your signature. I planned on buying one but the wife and I are house hunting now so I bought this cheap Yukon to hold me over

Wes and others here and myself are always willing to try and help but I swear, if you ever call me "DUDE" you will get the silent treatment from this old fart. ;)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The folks here are outstanding!! If folks here don't know, it is probably not worth knowing about. :)

If you are not already doing so, return the thanks by helping others out with answers or recommendations to questions that they post on this Forum.

Good luck on your repair!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The folks here are outstanding!! If folks here don't know, it is probably not worth knowing about. :)

If you are not already doing so, return the thanks by helping others out with answers or recommendations to questions that they post on this Forum.

Good luck on your repair!

Plus, when you figure it out and get it fixed, let us all know on this thread.