2 lingering issues 2015 LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Chisam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1- When hitting a dip/bump in the road at 55+ the power steering cuts off, door locks cycle, cruise kicks off, gauges drop, check engine light comes on and sometimes the radio restarts. I have had the recall update performed addressing this but it still persists. Voltage Drop? Bad Battery possibly?

2- Clicking in steering wheel when turning. I have done the TSB regarding the replacement of a race and some other parts. Seemed to get better for a bit but has recently returned.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1- When hitting a dip/bump in the road at 55+ the power steering cuts off, door locks cycle, cruise kicks off, gauges drop, check engine light comes on and sometimes the radio restarts. I have had the recall update performed addressing this but it still persists. Voltage Drop? Bad Battery possibly?

2- Clicking in steering wheel when turning. I have done the TSB regarding the replacement of a race and some other parts. Seemed to get better for a bit but has recently returned.

For point #1, How long has this been happening? What was the recall for? Have you checked the connections at your battery and alternator to make sure they are clean and tight?

OP
OP
J

Jeff Chisam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For point #1, How long has this been happening? What was the recall for? Have you checked the connections at your battery and alternator to make sure they are clean and tight?

She has only noticed it over the last year or so but not exactly sure of its been there since purchase (almost 3 years). The recall was for the steering assist drawing too much voltage and causing the issues I stated above. All connections are good making me think that the battery is weakening and not able to handle the extra draw by the power assist.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. if it only happens over bumps it sounds like what Wade mentioned about battery connections which can also weaken the battery.

flyingdakota1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We had this on ours and it was a broken (internally in the wire) ground in the harness behind the engine. Same thing you would hit a bump or cross RxR tracks and everything would cycle for a split second. I butt spliced in past the break and it took care of it.
Cheers!
Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu