2/4 Lowering kit help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so this may seem like a stupid question to some, but with the spindles up front, it would make sense to me that the camber issues associated with spring lowering is eliminated. Is this correct? Also, what kind of kit in the back eliminates the camber issue. I am coming from an x5, and spindles for lowering was not something that they used for lowering, so it was always an issue of camber adjustment when lowering.

I guess my question is, if I went with the 2 - 3/4 kit with spindles in the front, and the belltech adjustable springs/shock extenders in the rear, this would take care of all the camber issues. I do have autoride. But i believe the spindle itself eliminates camber problems, and the shock extenders would essentially eliminate the camber problems in the rear? Is this correct!?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Your not going to have any alignment issues with a 2/4 kit front or back. The back of these SUVS cannot have alignment issues because the rear is a 4 link straight axle suspension setup.
Its the front that can have alignment issues, but with only 2" of drop in the front, you will be problem free.
ust get an alignment after install.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OK, so this may seem like a stupid question to some, but with the spindles up front, it would make sense to me that the camber issues associated with spring lowering is eliminated. Is this correct? Also, what kind of kit in the back eliminates the camber issue. I am coming from an x5, and spindles for lowering was not something that they used for lowering, so it was always an issue of camber adjustment when lowering.

I guess my question is, if I went with the 2 - 3/4 kit with spindles in the front, and the belltech adjustable springs/shock extenders in the rear, this would take care of all the camber issues. I do have autoride. But i believe the spindle itself eliminates camber problems, and the shock extenders would essentially eliminate the camber problems in the rear? Is this correct!?

here is the kit you need no camber problems no ride issues at all. you can call me also 24/7 if you have any questions I do these suvs a lot.

http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=87

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. This may be my birthday present for myself :p

Anyone have a link for a step by step on installing the rear setup. The front I have read about, and feel confident in doing myself, but the rear I am not too sure of. Also, I have read through a few weird questions relating to the factory autoride system adjustment after the rear install. Does the kit shown above take care of this?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the rear is very easy and comes with instructions. I also shorten the rod lengths to get mroe rear drop if needed

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more favor. I see a lot of pictures of 3/4-5 drops on here, but can someone link me to a 2/3-4 drop. Preferably sitting on the stock denali wheels. TIA.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i posted the 3/4 yesterday on a customers truck. its in this section also.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2/3

07Tahoe.jpg

benstillerfaggot69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been wondering a bit about lowering myself. I have an 012 hoe, however i do alot of towing. Would this Belltech kit affect towing? Would I be better off with something like an airbag kit? What do you all think my best option would be? Sorry for unearthing this old thread. It had some good information in here.

TIA!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman