2/3 Drop Traction Control Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Two weeks ago, I had my shop do a McGaughy's 2/3 drop on my 07 Tahoe.

Now I'm getting a traction control light on turns, mostly low speed. Once or twice I got the traction control and ABS kick in while braking through a turn.

Edit: Just talked to my shop, they said run it until the light stays on and they can pull the code and tell which sensor is bad.

Last edited:

55belairtim

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
mostlikey they broke the abs sensor in the rear at the top of the passengers side frame. also there are problem with the 07 tahoes with that light there is a tsb out on them. document id from gm is 1702043 they know theres a problem with them thats why that created a tsb.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
probably an abs sensor, they're easy to break. make those bitches fix it, I didn't mess up my boys esky when I dropped it.

Kon-Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I JUST LOWERED MY KON TONITE AND IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.

HEY TxTahoe, WHAT WAS THE RESULT OF YOUR PROBLEM?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah Konman I have enough experience with drop kits to know yoou def. broke those rear ABS sensors!
Most likely you probably didnt disconnect the from the fram before dropping the rear axle down from the frame right?
You will have to got the a dealership or look arounf for the PN to go about fixing it.

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of the most common problems when people get their tahoes and yukons dropped. It is 99.99999999999% your ABS sensor!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roady24