Intermittent Cylinder 3 misfire code and intermittent Stabilitrak off light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Climbhigh300

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2012 Tahoe, I get intermittent check engine light, P0303 code for cyl 3 misfire. Sometimes it goes a week or 2 without a light or code, then it comes on for a few days. Also same issue with Stabilitrak and traction control off messages and dash lights. This is usually accompanied with ABS light on dash too. I might not see any of this for a couple weeks, then it does it for a few days. New plugs, new wires on the way. I’ve already swapped the plugs, wires, and coils from cyl 3 with other cylinders but the code stays on cylinder 3. From what I read, these systems are very sensitive to any type of power irregularities in the electrical system. Any ideas?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Stabilitrac and ABS warnings are probably associated with a dirty or failing wheel speed sensor.

If you have a quality bi-directional scanner, it will point you the the specific wheel sensor that is generating the warning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog