2/3 Drop Traction Control Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing.... that is the traction control light flashed a couple of times during turns.

I read all about this prior to doing my install and heard about making sure to disconnect the ABS sensors. I did so and am sure when I dropped the rearend, the cable was lose with no pull on it at all.

I dunno if there is a fix for it, this is the first I hear about that GM article. I do remember that there is 2 different situations.

1) People how have the traction control or ABS light on constant.
2) People how just have it come on when turning.

- I thinking that if it is on constant then you definitely damaged the sensor.
- If it comes on only at turns, then its something else.

I remember reading about someone who had it come on only when turning. They took the drop kit off and put stock suspension back on.... no longer had this issue, so it was something with the sensor not liking to be a a lower stance.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I have never had that issue, but what you said sounds right!
I would think that people with Autoride def. would have many issues to address over those without it because of the any sensors, could even cause this problem too.

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could just be a McGaughy's kit thing.... I remember you saying that your rear springs were that much shorter than the stock ones. Mine sure were, so it could have something to do with that.

Kon-Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.
I took my kon to get aligned this morning then drove it aroun for the rest of the day and the light or the abs "action" in the brake peddel never came back....

I think ill ride out the rest of he week and take a closer look this weekend when i can get it back on the rack.

Thanks again.

syndicatesteve

Syndicate Steve
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, After a quick trip to the dealership, they figured out that one of my sensors was not clicked in all the way. If the dealership likes you , they won't charge you. I got mine diagnosed and fixed for free in exchange for the Dealership being able to take some pics of my Yukon.
picture.php

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.
I took my kon to get aligned this morning then drove it aroun for the rest of the day and the light or the abs "action" in the brake peddel never came back....

I think ill ride out the rest of he week and take a closer look this weekend when i can get it back on the rack.

Thanks again.

Keeps us posted.... I actually haven't gotten around to getting mine aligned, did the drop about a month ago. That would be great if that is the fix.

Kon-Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
WILL DO!

I TOOK TOOK THE KON DOWN TO THE BEST ALIGNMENT SHOP IN TOWN AFTER A HALF ASS ALIGNMENT JOB (POST LOWERING THE KON) AND THEY SAID IT WAS PRETTY CLOSE TO WHERE IT SHOULD BE! I THINK THAT WAS DUE TO THE QUALITY MCGAUGHYS LOWERING KIT!

IN THE MEANTIME HERES A FEW PICS OF THE KON LOWERED (ALTHOUGH IM GONNA BRING THE REAR DON AN INCH OR 2!:laughing1:

Attachments

• IMG_2854.jpg
    IMG_2854.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2855.jpg
    IMG_2855.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2856.jpg
    IMG_2856.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 28

02 Cat Cutter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
check your differential, pull the plate off and make sure there's no metal in there. I had a rear end go bad and those were the exact symptoms. I hope your problem is something else, but it could just be something sesnor related.

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kon-Man

How are things going with the kon? Did the traction control light stay off for good after the alignment?

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
get an alignment...problem solved. i have done 3 of these 2/3 drops and only one had the lights come on. after alignment it was fixed. btw im a GM tech

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLE55